Lets help each other with paper cost

AP90

So another thread got me thinking about this. I wonder what everyone is paying for paper. I have no way to know if Im getting a good deal or not on some stuff, so Id like to hear what others are paying and likewise, Id like to help other people maybe maximize their profits by saving on paper. Ill go ahead and post my pricing for what we use regularly to see if we get a good deal or not.

11x17 20# Bond- $14.00/m (econosource or Boise)
12x18 80# Gloss Text- 31.50/m (Verso)

We pay $13.50/M for 11x17 92 brightness laser bond. All of our coated sheets are bought by the skid 19x25 and have been going up and up lately. We pay $49/M for 70# GT 19x25 and $70/M for 100# GT. Both are Polar Bear brand.

11x17 Soporset 50lb text- $18.20/M
12x18 ChorusArt 80lb gloss text - $32.15/M

I used to pay more till I found a supplier that wasn't two day shipping away.

11x17 Soporset 50lb text- $18.20/M
12x18 ChorusArt 80lb gloss text - $32.15/M

I used to pay more till I found a supplier that wasn't two day shipping away.

Thats our problem. The closest place is 1 hour away. They provide free shipping on pallets of paper for us, so our bond price is pretty good. But they're about double the price of Veritiv in the GT and GC papers. We need another delivery van, so I'm considering getting something that can handle the pallet weight to make the 2 hour drive to Veritiv once a month and getting the better pricing. If I didn't already need another van, it wouldn't be feasible.

Assuming the verso = blazer flavor. We're in the metro and are around 15-20% below those rates.. That soporset seems way high but I've heard navigator is focusing on Europe and kind of pulling back here in the US. It is nice to be able to order by 6pm and have it in the am. Does veritiv break parent sheet skids for you? They have stopped doing it and are saying it's policy now. One of our other paper suppliers does it all the time for us and it makes life so easy.

Does veritiv break parent sheet skids for you? They have stopped doing it and are saying it's policy now. One of our other paper suppliers does it all the time for us and it makes life so easy.

If I had what is effectively a monopoly, I'd quit breaking skids and cartons too.

12x18 Blazer 80# Gloss Text - $31.16/M
We also receive a 7% rebate, so our final effective price is $28.98/M.

I don't order 20# 11x17 enough to know our price/M, but our 8.5x11 price is $6.43/M ($5.98/M after rebate).

Yes Blazer seems to be one of the cheapest but there is a reason for that. I got tired of having to deal with it inconsistencies. I sure don't miss it.

Yes Blazer seems to be one of the cheapest but there is a reason for that. I got tired of having to deal with it inconsistencies. I sure don't miss it.

Our digital department has had a lot of issues with Blazer as well. We prefer Verso - Futura for our gloss digital stocks.

Our digital department has had a lot of issues with Blazer as well. We prefer Verso - Futura for our gloss digital stocks.

Same here. The only shitty thing about that stock is the way it cuts. It seems to get "squished" when put through the guillotine, and creates a slightly lopsided stack. Most noticeable on 100# Gloss Cover, Futura.

One paper I found that is not much more expensive than blazer but prints way better is Sappi FLO.

Last edited:
I by 11x17 20# global office from Lindenmeyr. Just went up to $14.20/m. I won't use econosouce even though it's slightly cheaper because it feels, prints, and curls like cheap paper.

12x18 80# test blazer is $30.60/m. Endurance from Veritiv is cheaper. I don't have the 12x18 80# price but I do have these:
11x17 80# endurance silk text is $22.94/m
12x18 100# endurance gloss text is $29.97/m

I'd like to know what everyone pays for 13x19 gloss or silk cover and 19x25 gloss or silk cover. Preferably something that is over 10pt
13x19 Xpri 13x19 gloss or silk cover: $84.35/m
19x25 Endurance gloss or silk cover: $116.75/m

Also if anyone has any suggestions on where to buy truckloads of 11x17 20# or 19x25 100# silk cover that can get us savings please let me know. I've been trying to find a source to get our price down since paper prices have been increasing lately.

Is this 100# cover from LM?

Yes it is. I don't like the endurance that veritiv has. Feels a lot lighter and sizing had been inconsistent. Xpri and explorer from lyndenmeyr seen like nicer more consistent produts .We normally use the 19x25 explorer and cut it before printing

Back in the day we had a few issues with blazer, but millions of sheets later we love it.. Sure it's not premium, but for the price point I can't find anything like it. I have zero complaints. Udigital was a knock off of blazer and I hated it, go figure.

We like the Endurance Digital line of covers, but it's getting harder to get them as the mills in China were flooded. At least that's what they tell us.... Endurance digital and endurance folio are not the same papers.

Endurance 13x19 111# Gloss/Velvet (12.6PT!!) @ $84/M BTW hate the 110# blazer.

I doubt if you're going to get any responses that make sense, or, that are accurate. Paper prices (even for the same stock, substrate, & manufacturer) are going to vary from any vendor (even the same vendor), depending on the volume that you buy, and, how you buy it. For instance, are you buying pre-cut sheets of 13 x 19, or, are you buying larger sheets of 26 x 38 and cutting them down in house. Are you buying 1 or 2 boxes of paper at a time, or, are you buying it by the pallet load?

been using carolina C2S for ever, what other comparables are out there in price... 10pt weight. Run alot of variable postcards, then UV coat.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back