Liddle help needed Guys and Galls.

Slammer

Liddle help needed Guys and Galls.
galls.Just got a mail from a customer trying to hook up a IPT turboRIP in windows 7, 64-bit and seems to be failing.
The turboRIP used is a old CPSI based system.
Any ideas or should I just flog him a new RIP?

Thanks all

More than likely its the software will not run on 64 bit. You could always try installing in compatibility mode but I think the drivers will not like the 64 bit windows. Does your new rip support 64 bit ?

It is a 64 bit thingy, the rip that the customer has is an antique and shoud have been sent to pasture around the time cuneiform was the font of choice.
The latest mention I find of IPT is in a seybold report from 1997.
That customer is going down the Harlequin road, just doesn´t know it yet.

It is a 64 bit thingy, the rip that the customer has is an antique and shoud have been sent to pasture around the time cuneiform was the font of choice.
The latest mention I find of IPT is in a seybold report from 1997.
That customer is going down the Harlequin road, just doesn´t know it yet.

Sad but true,... these are the same people that cheap out, buy a really cheap underpowered PC ,keep it way beyond it life, complain,... then go and spend huge on a powerful Mac and have the nerve to say Mac's are great. Will not spend in the correct places.

Just found out a bit more from this customer, surprising what you find when you dig a bit.
Looks like they want to use the antique computer and rip as a printserver in a windows 7 enviroment, things get a bit fuzzy after that, gonna advise them to take a network tech weenie.

I would think that a the low cost of PC's today the client would build a monster machine but then again I do not belive the client is always right,.. more like the client is often wrong.

Yup, however our master sales guy (I will superglue his mouth around a sewerpipe) sold the RIP three years ago as a new version RIP to a unsuspecting trusting customer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back