Linear plate scale mark

Skinflint

How can I get a linear scale to image on my plates that will not be effected by our compensation curves? I want to image a true 25, 50, and 75 patch on every plate, but I do not want the compensation curve change this scale.
We have a Fuji 8600E CTP with bitmaps made from Flexrip.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

You could look at applying these patches with SmartMarks and give them an ink with a very specific angle set that isn't used in production. Then use a screen-based compensation curve to make sure those patches are linear, and all others are compensated. That's applied with the "Automatic" selection under DGC in the RIP.

Seems like that should work -- I haven't tested it though.

How can I get a linear scale to image on my plates that will not be effected by our compensation curves? I want to image a true 25, 50, and 75 patch on every plate, but I do not want the compensation curve change this scale.
We have a Fuji 8600E CTP with bitmaps made from Flexrip.

Three ways:

1-Send greyscale patches out of Illustrator or PShop, RIP to linear bitmaps and export the bitmaps as a tiff. Then impose those bitmap patches as needed. Because the're bitmaps they won't be affected by compensation curves.

2-Create the patches and screen them in Photoshop. Then impose those bitmap patches as needed. Because the're bitmaps they won't be affected by compensation curves.

3-Contact your RIP vendor. They should be able to provide you with the screened bitmaps. Then impose those bitmap patches as needed. Because the're bitmaps they won't be affected by compensation curves.

best, gordo

Skinflint,

My team does exactly what you're describing everyday with a flexrip. Just create this mark as as you would like to see it and rip a 1 BIT TIFF of the file with the particular dot shape and linescreen you would like, but make sure you send it with no curve.

Then in Plato simply place this as an imagemark in your smartmark and now you will have a scale that isn't affected by any DGC curves you apply. We do this for plate quality control reasons on every job.

JL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back