Linking Prinect 16 system to older Prinect 4.5 for proof output?

SapperNXS8

Hi all
Have been a long time user of Prinect and recently I finally upgraded from our ancient 4.5 system to a newer Prinect 16 system. Everything is so much faster and I really like it.

I made all new Prinect 16 queue templates that mirrored my old 4.5 queue templates (subject to new options of course), and when it came to the setup of the output to my 2 x Epson 7800 Pro proofers in my Group Templates, I made sure all the settings were carried over from the 4.5 system, including paper profiles and Visual Correction files.

However, I am having a weird issue where my Prinect 16 queues that include output to my Epson 7800 proofers are not picking up the Visual Correction .vcc file that I previously generated to tweak the output. In fact, the output proofs that I get are the same no matter if the .vcc is switched on or not - it appears to be ignoring it completely.

The Prinect 16 system has a newer version of Heidelberg ColorProof Pro (5.1) on it so I speculated it might be that the newer system wasn't reading the old .vcc files from Prinect 4.5. To test it, I made a new .vcc file from CPP 5.1 on the Prinect 16 system with a dramatic colour reduction in Magenta so it would easy to see, and linked to it in a test output queue in Prinect 16. The result was identical with no change whatsoever.

I then tested the same .vcc with the dramatic reduction in a test queue in my old Prinect 4,5 system (which is still available and running for archive purposes) and it picked it up and properly output with the Magenta missing. So the CPP 5.1 curve is a valid .vcc.

So I concluded that there is some incompatibility or issue with the Prinect 16 and the picking up of .vcc curve files. I checked that they don't have to be located in a certain directory to work - they don't (apparently).

Does anyone using Prinect 16 or CPP 5.1 know of this as an issue as it's driving me mad! I want to make a small tweak to the output colors and despite a newer system that is better in every quantifiable way on a day to day production lever, I am unable to do this due to the apparent issue of Prinect 16 ignoring attached .vcc curves?

Any ideas as to what else I can test / try to get this working? I don't want to go all the way back to a new Linearisation as frankly I don't have the time (or the Spectro) to do it properly. I just want to be able to make a really subtle tweak to the finished output (which is the point of Visual Correction files after all).

Also, given that my 4.5 system is still available, is there a way that I can divert the proof output part of my Prinect 16 jobs across to the old 4.5 system purely for proof output - perhaps with an automated hot folder??

Sorry for the long winded query. Appreciate anyone who looks and hope someone can help.

Have a good weekend all.
Sapper

Hi all
Have been a long time user of Prinect and recently I finally upgraded from our ancient 4.5 system to a newer Prinect 16 system. Everything is so much faster and I really like it.

I made all new Prinect 16 queue templates that mirrored my old 4.5 queue templates (subject to new options of course), and when it came to the setup of the output to my 2 x Epson 7800 Pro proofers in my Group Templates, I made sure all the settings were carried over from the 4.5 system, including paper profiles and Visual Correction files.

However, I am having a weird issue where my Prinect 16 queues that include output to my Epson 7800 proofers are not picking up the Visual Correction .vcc file that I previously generated to tweak the output. In fact, the output proofs that I get are the same no matter if the .vcc is switched on or not - it appears to be ignoring it completely.

The Prinect 16 system has a newer version of Heidelberg ColorProof Pro (5.1) on it so I speculated it might be that the newer system wasn't reading the old .vcc files from Prinect 4.5. To test it, I made a new .vcc file from CPP 5.1 on the Prinect 16 system with a dramatic colour reduction in Magenta so it would easy to see, and linked to it in a test output queue in Prinect 16. The result was identical with no change whatsoever.

I then tested the same .vcc with the dramatic reduction in a test queue in my old Prinect 4,5 system (which is still available and running for archive purposes) and it picked it up and properly output with the Magenta missing. So the CPP 5.1 curve is a valid .vcc.

So I concluded that there is some incompatibility or issue with the Prinect 16 and the picking up of .vcc curve files. I checked that they don't have to be located in a certain directory to work - they don't (apparently).

Does anyone using Prinect 16 or CPP 5.1 know of this as an issue as it's driving me mad! I want to make a small tweak to the output colors and despite a newer system that is better in every quantifiable way on a day to day production lever, I am unable to do this due to the apparent issue of Prinect 16 ignoring attached .vcc curves?

Any ideas as to what else I can test / try to get this working? I don't want to go all the way back to a new Linearisation as frankly I don't have the time (or the Spectro) to do it properly. I just want to be able to make a really subtle tweak to the finished output (which is the point of Visual Correction files after all).

Also, given that my 4.5 system is still available, is there a way that I can divert the proof output part of my Prinect 16 jobs across to the old 4.5 system purely for proof output - perhaps with an automated hot folder??

Sorry for the long winded query. Appreciate anyone who looks and hope someone can help.

Have a good weekend all.
Sapper
You got farther than me, can't conect to old xp box That runs proOfer. Of course kodak no longer supports their own product. An insider told me new 8.4 server won't connect because of security issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back