Load Turners Jogger/Aerators

arfamoe

I am having a hell of a time convincing my company to purchase one of these units. They seem content to have guys re-pile by hand because 'thats the way its always been'!!!
We have a guy out right now with a Hernia problem and the rest of the Press helpers are starting to suffer from some form of strain. They dont understand that presses have got a lot faster since the hand re-piling policy was introduced back in the 60's. We are a packaging printer so these guys are slugging board all day and with the purchase of our new UV press they will be slugging plastic as well. Anyone else ran into the same issues.
thanks

hi

i assume the machine they have just bought is brand new, so if they are spending so much ona brand new press it sounds silly that they are not willint to invest a heck of a lot less on a machine which will only go and improve effecancy

also if you are packaging printers, i asusm your not getting much more than 4K/5K sheets in each pile so if your working at 11K an hour it must be incredibly difficult to keep up with.

if i were you when you have enough replys i would print them off and show them to the powers that be

good luck

be careful what you ask for. if you get one, they may lay off some of the staff. as one guy could probably do the work of 2 or 3. depends on how big your staff is.

I have a very nice Polar pile turner, but to be honest, it is overkill. The vibration/aeration is rarely used, though it is helpful on board stock or when blasting an overpowdered load (rare). If I were to buy it again I would buy it without the vibration/aeration options.

I can't imagine running the shop without it. Previous poster is correct, though, it does displace a feeder or two.

WW

We use a load turner called Toppy. It's been in our shop for a bout 4 years now and we won't part with it. The hydraulic motor went out on it a while back and it was hell unil fixed and YES productivity dropped. Plus the pressman assisted it the off loading of the paper instead of looking at the output.
Tell your management to spend the money.
I suppose you still mix the fountain solution by hand too? :)

We use a load turner called Toppy. It's been in our shop for a bout 4 years now and we won't part with it. The hydraulic motor went out on it a while back and it was hell until fixed and YES productivity dropped. Plus the pressman assisted it the off loading of the paper instead of looking at the output.
Tell your management to spend the money.
I suppose you still mix the fountain solution by hand too? :)

Toppy America :: Mobile and Stationary Pile Turners and Pallet Inverters
our is the Mobile type without air or jogging

Good luck

great suggestion r&d we to have the easyturner it works really well and is much less expensive than the higher end ones with jogging and air capabilities. one side note you need to watch load size coming out of press 35" max for our turner. and keep in mind that you dont have that inspection while the guy is turning a load by hand.

We have some Toppy's also. I would suggest them as a 2nd choice after the EZ Turner for low cost solutions if the company is concerned about spending a lot of money. The portability of both to move from press to press is nice as well as not having to take up a lot of floor space or even cut up the floor for in ground units.

I could not imagine someone owning a decent size sheetfed shop and not having one of these. I have been around 2 of them and once an operator spends the time with it needed to understand how to get paper to react the jogger/aerator, it will easily pay for itsself even if they are not even wanting to consider the health of their current employees. In fact, the last place I worked at had it in the middle of the bindery and the pressroom as both departsments used it and in some cases the bindery used it even more. I wish I had one in my shop. Whomever is not showing interest in your upper management is stuck in the stone age unless of course it is a financial issue which is completely understandable right now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back