Looking for 3D PDF page flip software solution

Duncan Hyde

Hi everyone,

I need to view PDF's as 3D page flip style for my clients Annual Reports, books etc.

I just started looking online for some affordable software to generate PDF files that can be viewed by virtually turning the pages of a book as you read onscreen. This can be also great for soft proofing Reports and Books too.

Any input or direction would be appreciated

Thanks - Duncan

If you have InDesign, you can do this. It's really easy. It's under Window>Interactive>Page Transitions. Here you select what effect you want (flip, fade, wipe, etc.) after selecting this, you can then export as an .swf file and you're done.

Thanks Oxburger - you are a a Prepress Machine... LOL

about the backup Tape Drives thanks for that too

Duncan

The page flip feature out of InDesign works but it's very basic. And if you are using PDF's to place into InDesign the output really sucks as it treats the PDF, high res type and all, as a plain graphic so everything looks low res in the .swf file. It also has no controls to go to the next page or previous page or zoom other than a mouse right click. You can create your own buttons but I've found they don't work all of the time.

I researched this extensively just this past week and I came to the conclusion the best software for doing this from existing PDF's is 3D Issue

The cheaper ones either did not work at all, crashed frequently, or had items missing that were on the original PDF.

The one linked above has both Mac and PC versions and you can go with a Lite, Pro, or Enterprise version. It's certainly not the cheapest but it got the best and most reliable results of everything I tested. They have a free 30 day trial if you want to try it first.

Last edited:
The page flip feature out of InDesign works but it's very basic. And if you are using PDF's to place into InDesign the output really sucks as it treats the PDF, high res type and all, as a plain graphic so everything looks low res in the .swf file. It also has no controls to go to the next page or previous page or zoom other than a mouse right click. You can create your own buttons but I've found they don't work all of the time.

I researched this extensively just this past week and I came to the conclusion the best software for doing this from existing PDF's is 3D Issue

The cheaper ones either did not work at all, crashed frequently, or had items missing that were on the original PDF.

The one linked above has both Mac and PC versions and you can go with a Lite, Pro, or Enterprise version. It's certainly not the cheapest but it got the best and most reliable results of everything I tested. They have a free 30 day trial if you want to try it first.

I take back my recommendation for 3D Issue. The software is fine. Their pricing scheme is not in that you have to buy a "template" for each customer you want to create a flip book for. At $1299.00 for the Pro version of the software and another $599.00 for each customer template it's far too expensive for what we could ever hope to make from this product.

Hello,
I think you can try Kvisoft Flipbook Maker. Personally, I think it's an intuitive and professional page flipping creator that I've ever used. You can easily import your PDF file, customize the template and animated effect, and then you output your publications of seveal formats, such as SWF, EXE, HTML or directly email a friend.
Maybe the video-tutorial how to how to use the software to create page flipping publications can you a little: How to Create a Page-flipping Ebook from PDF? - YouTube.

;) I've seen many flip books made by your Kvisoft flipbook maker, and they are cool! It'll be great if it can also create 3D results.

RE: 3D PDF Page Flip Software

RE: 3D PDF Page Flip Software

Kvisoft Flip Page Software is an ideal choice for such use.
Also, there are some freeware for making flip style annual report: Issuu, Flipsnack, Codebox.
Hope it can help you...

Hiii Duncan....You are looking for a page flip software which can be easily available with any of the publishing company. Now-a-days many publishing companies provide these softwares and their services to their customers. You can contact such companies and discuss the type of software you want and they will provide you easily. You can also search online carefully about the same.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back