Looking for a company that does quality Quark to InDesign conversions

Gregg

Looking for someone that can handle Quark to InDesign conversions of backlist fiction and picture book titles. I see lots of companies that advertise this service but all they are doing is a basic Q2ID conversion, saving the file, and sending it back to you. I need someone that will re-establish text wraps, drop caps, ensure text breaks are consistent with the original edition, etc. So, basically, a high-end conversion.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Gregg,

Have you approached Markzware themselves. They provide a conversion service in addition to the plug in. If they are unable to help you, they might be able to recommend someone. I've found them to be super helpful in the past.

Alternatively you could try the QuarkXPress user group on Facebook. It's a closed group so you will have to apply but many members have both ID and Quark and might be able to offer you the service you need.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back