looking for inksave software for supplied PDF file for offset printing

ar17

please help on latest and economical ink saving software. commercial offset printing receiving pdf and AI files. need to lower ink coverage and total area coverage. thanks

The newest version of Pistop has many actions which can apply Device-Link Profile on PDF files. This help you to lower ink coverage and adjust the total area coverage. You should take a look on it!

If your workflow is prinergy then colorflow with ink optimization option — it's best on market workflow integrated solution.
If your workflow is not prinergy (btw why?) then Alwan is nuber one solution after colorflow.
And you do not need pitstop to apply dvl profiles — you can do it with standard acrobat pro

I agree: ALWAN Cmyk-Optimizer is really a great tool for that!

(The price ist not really low, but just have a look to your yearly amount of ink-bills and math with about 10-15% up to maybe even 30% less after using ALWAN is possible whith an adjusted GCR, but it depends from your Jobs/Portfolio/restrictions/settings for handling the files. But we use it mainly to lower the TAC for minimizing the risk of a glued stock, what is also to "count".

Might be ALWAN will let you work with a Demo for a while, then you can check the saving via the software, it is build in there a statistic window to controll the costs.)

Last edited:
Hi, we (ab)use ColorLogic Zepra.
Not cheap but it worth every cent.
The guys in pressroom can't live anymore without it.

Reactions: CXC
If you only need occassional processing, then Callas pdfToolbox (Desktop) may solve your problems. I you need more, Colorlogic ZePrA is the way to go. Or GMG Colorserver, if you have a lot of cash.

Reactions: CXC
PitStop won’t help you as we don’t ship inksaving devicelinks.
Inksaving basically means replacing expensive CMY with K using Devicelink technology. If it were me, I would opt for a dynamic devicelink solution, that builds Devicelinks on the fly. Remember colour management goes from source to destination, so for some PDF files!one Devicelink alone may not cut it. Do your research, and test with your files. The ROI can be significant, but you will see most of the benefit on press.

I agree: ALWAN Cmyk-Optimizer is really a great tool for that!

(The price ist not really low, but just have a look to your yearly amount of ink-bills and math with about 10-15% up to maybe even 30% less after using ALWAN is possible whith an adjusted GCR, but it depends from your Jobs/Portfolio/restrictions/settings for handling the files. But we use it mainly to lower the TAC for minimizing the risk of a glued stock, what is also to "count".

Might be ALWAN will let you work with a Demo for a while, then you can check the saving via the software, it is build in there a statistic window to controll the costs.)
thanks sir. any alwan team in this forum. please contact me. thanks

appreciate all inputs sirs... will update you with the flexo technologies we are now doing. thanks

please help on latest and economical ink saving software. commercial offset printing receiving pdf and AI files. need to lower ink coverage and total area coverage. thanks
How about ask your supplier for help? They may know more

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back