Looking for VDP app

slimbh

As we are new beginner on digital printing, we buy konica C1085 and we would like to enter on VDP market.
So i'm confused about programs available like printshop mail, fusion pro, xmpie, haiyaatech...

We will make VDP print advertising like variable text, photo, bar code, QR code...
WE get many brochure from different programs and it's difficult to make choice.
Any one can help for understanding what program is much easy to use for beginner like us.
thanks for help

As we are new beginner on digital printing, we buy konica C1085 and we would like to enter on VDP market.
So i'm confused about programs available like printshop mail, fusion pro, xmpie, haiyaatech...

We will make VDP print advertising like variable text, photo, bar code, QR code...
WE get many brochure from different programs and it's difficult to make choice.
Any one can help for understanding what program is much easy to use for beginner like us.
thanks for help
As a software reseller I can speak to FusionPro and Printshop Mail from my perspective. I believe they both have the same learning curve and either one makes it easy to get started. FP works in Creative Suite or Acrobat as a plug-in. PSM works with PDF's only in a standalone application so if you're still using Quark it's a reasonable app to use. FP has the edge in pricing, starting at under $1K. They both have a decent-to-good support structure as well as a support community of users. They both can emit output such as PPML and PDF/VT which can be taken advantage of by Fiery and Creo controllers (or any others that can process those formats?) as well as straight PS or PDF. Can't speak to any other apps.

I've been using SmartStream Designer from HP for many years now. It's a plug-in for InDesign or Quark. It's got some limitations but it is free to evaluate. For a short while you can access all the features. After the evaluation expires you can still use some of the features. It will handle variable text and images and output the artwork to PDF.

It will make QR barcodes but EAN or UPC barcodes might proove difficult without some other software or fonts.

If you intended to print direct mail with many SKU lines then this is not for you.

The full licence is about 1500 euros.

If you cannot find a copy then send me a private message and I will send you a link.

We also use GMC Inspire but that is a more powerful and expensive solution.

I also use SmartStream Designer quite extensively, as well as its server-based version Composer. For the most part it's pretty easy to use (everything is done within InDesign), and is pretty powerful, but there are some things that it just can't do or can't do easily. The desktop version can be slow while creating the merged result (that's why we got Composer). There doesn't seem to be a large user base, so finding help can be a challenge unless you go directly to HP for support.

FusionPro is going to give you the most bang for your buck. It relies heavily on JavaScript to perform more advanced tasks, so familiarity with JavaScript will help you get the most out of it. If you're not a scripter (I'm not), the aforementioned user community offers lots of help to get it to do what you want.

I'll try trial version of printshop mail. I'm waiting for price for pms.
Fusion pro seam to be affordable 800$ for the desktop version.
Maybe it is better to begin with less expensive program and see what market demand.

Our graphic design department uses XMPIE, but I use Jetletter in the copy room.
I don't really get to use XMPIE since I'm not a designer, but I know Jetletter is a much faster piece of software. I can generate 10,000+ page PDF files in around 2 minutes.

This morning I was looking for fusion pro to make demo. What I understand is there is many version of FP, FP VDP creator, FP expression creator. This two app are desktop version 800$ for each one. There is also FO producer for both of them that is more fast.
Chat is difference between all version? There is not complete version that can do all job?
For jet letter I haven't receive any feedback yet but on there website it seem to be difficult to use.

I've had experience with Print Shop Mail and FusionPro. I personally would go with FusionPro. It's very reasonably priced, quite powerful, and compared to PSM, works on Windows AND Mac.

Best regards,
pd

Thanks for your help.
Is FP can make QR code?
So I need to take FP creator and FP expression creator together?

Any one know HAIYAATECH variable data ?
I send them email to have price but there is error mail can't be sent.

Finally I find a mail that work. Just had received price list.
It's out of my financial capacity.

Hayaatech still working or not?
Any one know other security printing software like them?
Thanks

We are a printing factory printing clothing hangtag and variable barcodes and lables, and occasionally choose to SmartVizor, good results till now, especially nice cost.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back