Looking to buy a small programmable cutter for a good price.

crossroads

I do short run digital printing in house and am tired of the manual clamp and backgauge on my ideal triumph. Also noticed it does not have the power to go through a 3 inch stack that is more than 12 inches wide. Anyone have a titan 200 or that sort of thing they are looking to get rid of? i need single phase, and am in NJ.
Thank you.
I am also looking for a coil inserter/crimper.

The Challenge Titan 200 is a great little cutter. Used ones run from $4-10k. That was my first cutter. It is fully automatic and programmable. You may opt for a sensor bar instead of the door so you aren't always opening and closing the cover. If you have $10-20k, then I'd recommend looking for a good used Baum 27/31.5 (gray color). The 200 doesn't run the hydraulic pump constantly, unlike it's larger sibling. The large Baum does not run the pump either. I went from the 200 Titan to the Baum 31.5 and am extremely happy with it. I tried a large Titan and returned it because the pump runs on a timer and I don't care for the excessive noise. I had it all in writing and proved the salesman didn't know his own product, so they took it back.

Do you have any experience with mbm triumph models? I see one for ssale with a hydrolic clamp. Model 5550 ep. Is mbm/idea a good name in cutters?

They are a recognized name in cutters but only in my opinion do I think they are a step down from the Titan 200. One thing that amazed me about Challenge was that even though my machine was 5+ years old, their phone support walked me through a couple sensor issues and helped me get them fixed without needing any parts or payment.
The design of the MBM is similar to many China made brands, so I assumed the same about the MBM.

Sure you can, it just takes a little work finding it. A good cutter is pretty durable, so with the right conditions I have no problem buying one on the net.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back