Looking to buy print estimating software.

PPG

We are a small print company that offers offset printing, small digital printing and wide format printing and are in need of a simple print estimating software system that can also be accessed from our server remotely (if possible).
We do not really need this software to do anything else other than perform and create estimates.
If you are upgrading your current estimating system and have an older product like this that you are thinking of throwing out, please contact me 1st!
Thx
Paul

Thank you! Looks like a great estimating software program....just a question: Can this estimating program be accessed and used remotely?
ie: if I am out of the office but need to create estimates can I access the server where it resides and perform estimates off-site?

I know you can access it over the network, but it must be run in Windows. I have it installed on one of our RIPs and the Macs can access it with a virtual machine running Windows. Not ideal but it works. It can not run as a server so only one person at a time can access it. Accessing it remotely I don't know but I suppose you could maybe VPN into it, but what or how that would work I do not know.

Yes, I heard back from Unitac/Morning Flight and they confirmed that it is desktop program only and cannot be accessed remotely.

I would take a look at Printer's Plan. We have been using it for a couple years now and wouldn't do without. We have the local version and I use team viewer all the time for remote access. They also do have a web version.

Thx, yes we would prefer a local version that we can host and not have to get into paying monthly fees. I'll check it out!

Thx for all your suggestions, but we just worked out a mutual deal with EFI, we have been using Printsmith for many years and our version has been unsupported for a few years now. So, we are told that we can migrate our definitions & prices from our old PS version to lates PS Vision...hopefully this all works out!

When we talk about the print estimating software, it essentially means the solution which fits the needs of your print business best. Print estimating software enables printers to give live pricing facility to their end clients without any human intervention.

If you are looking for a solution that enhances customer experience on your website, the Design'N'Buy Print Estimation Software is the ideal solution. Their print price estimation software helps printers to increase profits, save time, increase productivity. They are well known for the best combination of excellent features with a fantastic offer. Ask for free demo.

OK. I have a solution for you. I think you can try some Web to Print Software which comes with this feature. Many of software providers offer this option or if not you can demand for custom solution as well.

Hey guys. We're in the market to get PrintSmith Vision and I'm looking to get opinions on why that would be a good or bad idea. Appreciate any insight you guys can give me before we sign the paperwork!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back