LP 82 Ultra Processor Chemistry usage

Caballero

Hi everybody... Can anyone tell me how I can optimize the use and reduce the replishments rates, I have Galileo CTP with LP82 Ultra processor, my production plates is low... maybe very low and replishments are expensive... Thanks in advance for your opinions about it...

Hi everybody... Can anyone tell me how I can optimize the use and reduce the replishments rates, I have Galileo CTP with LP82 Ultra processor, my production plates is low... maybe very low and replishments are expensive... Thanks in advance for your opinions about it...

You can't do this, because the option is closed on or you do not know how to access to the service mode on display of LP 82. This the job of a trained service Tech. Agfa do not want you to have access to this, because the quality of plates by reducing the chemistry will be affected. Litho star silver halide plates are extremely chemistry dependent plates.Plus the chemistry has to be refreshed during down time.
Let me know if you have access to the androdiag or processor diagnostic software. You will need the Androdiag in order to have access to this. Further, having the LP 82 service manual is helpful.

Last edited:
Thank you Armya Inc, yes I have androdiag software and I know a little about their use and also we know about the chemical parameters now are: Developer replenishment 170ml/m2, Developer antiox 50ml/hr, Finisher replenishment 100ml/hr, my question is can I make more friendly that parameters? or... after make plates can we store developer and finisher when de processor is down?. I insist on this thread because my plate production is very low.

Thank you Armya Inc, yes I have androdiag software and I know a little about their use and also we know about the chemical parameters now are: Developer replenishment 170ml/m2, Developer antiox 50ml/hr, Finisher replenishment 100ml/hr, my question is can I make more friendly that parameters? or... after make plates can we store developer and finisher when de processor is down?. I insist on this thread because my plate production is very low.

You certainly can reduce the chemistry usage, but
It all depends to what kind of print jobs and how many run length your low production is involved with. Is it newspaper type production you are involved with or tone plot? How much highlight (0 to 10% ) and shadow (90% to 100%) dots are important for your production? Are you using sublima? What is the average run length your customers require?
These are the questions you will need to answer. I suggest to design a 4 color pages for 0 to 100% dots. Align the Laser and clean the mirror. Image the dots and check them out with existed setting. Then reduce the chemistries with factor of quarterly and decide on the chemical usage and replenishment. Check the dots and print the 4 Colors. Please note that Finisher is used to stabilize the print job for long run length. Using the Finisher and spreading it on the plate manually by using a sponge and letting it dry up before installing the plate on the print machine will always improve the run length in case of run length problem. Also the beauty of using silver halide plates is being background toning free.
I strongly suggest to move to photopolymer plates by upgrading your machine to 60 mw Laser and switching to polymer processor. This will be better solution in order to compete the cost of consumables in the market. Few colleagues of yours have done this in Mexico. They are very happy with the result.

Hope this will help.

Customers require between 75/100 000 impressions with the plate in commercial job, not newspaper. I agree with you about the upgrading to photopolymer plates but I think is too expensive, can you tell me how much is it? can you tell me about the chemistry store? Can you contact me colleagues in my country to talk them about upgrading to 60 mW laser??? Thanks in advance

If you decided to keep DEV and FIN, try to use flexible plastic bags or cans - to remove exessive air off.
But after that, in a few days later, when you want to refill the processor, you have to simulate a maintenance mode or cycle, because of smart LP processor will calculate the time of beeing without any replenishment cycle and will suck all the chemistry trying to replace old oxidized chemistry - very bad surprise for you.

You will never reach silver plate run length 75K-100K impression in reality, especially changing replenishment rate to low value, just will be getting worse.

Follow Farshad's advice - switch your plate process to photo-polymer technology.
You will return all investments back pretty soon.

Last edited:
If you decided to keep DEV and FIN, try to use flexible plastic bags or cans - to remove exessive air off.
But after that, in a few days later, when you want to refill the processor, you have to simulate a maintenance mode or cycle, because of smart LP processor will calculate the time of beeing without any replenishment cycle and will suck all the chemistry trying to replace old oxidized chemistry - very bad surprise for you.

You will never reach silver plate run length 75K-100K impression in reality, especially changing replenishment rate to low value, just will be getting worse.

Follow Farshad's advice - switch your plate process to photo-polymer technology.
You will return all investments back pretty soon.

Very good advice from Vlad!! Please check your PM for the contact information in Mexico.

Thanks for yours support to everyone, now have other problem when the Galileo engine finish plate the output sensor to processor failure any idea about this and how can I fix thanks

Best Regards

Thanks for yours support to everyone, now have other problem when the Galileo engine finish plate the output sensor to processor failure any idea about this and how can I fix thanks

Best Regards
Do you use plate Turner (UPC) for this machine or is it 4 up direct out put to Lp-82?
I need more supported datas from this problem like error codes, OCT Image and detailed description of the problem. One in case of direct through put could be the input sensors of Lp-82.
When you open the Top , they are hidden under a metal protection cover. Remove the cover and check the sensors with aid of Androdiag. When they are covered by plate, they will turn green and vise versa.
Atleast one out of 4 sensors have to detect the plate in order for plate tobe inputted to the processor.
Make sure all sensors are functional.
Important:
I shouldn't be mentioning this,but it is necessary that both machines to be leveled with each other properly . What that means is to check manually if a plate has an open path to enter the processor from engine. Check it out first before going after the sensors?

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Do you use plate Turner (UPC) for this machine or is it 4 up direct out put to Lp-82?
I need more supported datas from this problem like error codes, OCT Image and detailed description of the problem. One in case of direct through put could be the input sensors of Lp-82.
When you open the Top , they are hidden under a metal protection cover. Remove the cover and check the sensors with aid of Androdiag. When they are covered by plate, they will turn green and vise versa.
Atleast one out of 4 sensors have to detect the plate in order for plate tobe inputted to the processor.
Make sure all sensors are functional.
Important:
I shouldn't be mentioning this,but it is necessary that both machines to be leveled with each other properly . What that means is to check manually if a plate has an open path to enter the processor from engine. Check it out first before going after the sensors?

Hope this will help.

Also if the processor for any reasons is inactive (not ready) then the plate won't output from the platesetter.

Hope this will Help!

Last edited:
I think the problem is before processor sensor, because I put the plate manually to the processor and work fine... Thanks again

Error: number 6022
device: applicator
description: Applicator drive failed or missing encoder signal

YOU MUST REBOOT TO CONTINUE!

Error: number 6022
device: applicator
description: Applicator drive failed or missing encoder signal

YOU MUST REBOOT TO CONTINUE!

This is the worst communication I have ever experienced. obviously there is a lack of communication.
The problem is obviously not the input sensors of the processor, but the applicator because the plate doesn't reach to the input of the processor. Would you be able to tell me if the plate reach inside the drum?. If it enters the drum, then let me know if it outputs from the drum.
You have to explain this in detail. I am not in your site to check it out. I need you to provide me with more information.

Last edited:
Jose,
Let's start all over again. Let see if my version of story is correct:
- Applicator takes the plate inside the drum.
- Laser images the plate.
- Applicator takes the plate with intention of outputting it, but instead it leaves it in the drum.
- Error 6022 appears.
Is my story O.K or you would like to revise that.
Let me know. If this is the case I will help you to resolve the issue . It takes only 15 minutes. Send me an email.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back