Mac to PC backups?

MJNC

Hey PrintPlanet Inhabitants;
We used to use PsyncX to run our Mac backups every day to a PC server. It has worked great for years; no issues with copying individual files back to the Mac, fonts, etc.
Then recently we upgraded to Snow Leopard, and the PsyncX website states that its last upgrade covered the Mac OS up to 10.4.
So now we need a new back up app; we are using time machine for intermittent backups, but need something else like PsyncX (cross platform, editable preferences, and hopefully free!) to run daily backups to the server.
Anybody out there using something similar that they just love? I appreciate any information you may have, and your honest opinion. Thanks in advance -
_mjnc

Peace to the PrintPlanet!!

I haven't tested it but I've read online that Apple's built-in Time Machine can easily be mapped to an SMB share on a Linux or Windows server. This requires no third-party solutions and has no cost beyond the storage space on the server itself.

I can also say that ease of restoring from Time Machine is almost unbelievable. I have restored both from a Time Machine backup completely and transferred all the data/applications from a Time Machine backup to a new machine with OSX already installed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back