Mach 5 Margin Problem

AugustaPC

We just purchased a demo Mach 5 from a local Neopost dealer that I've been working on getting setup for some envelope printing. Everything seems to be working great with the exception of about a 1/2" margin down the left side of the paper (if holding an 8.5 x 11 upright). I've been through the settings in the print driver and cannot seem to find a way to reduce that margin more than 3mm through adjustments in the driver. This margin happens no matter what I am printing from whether it's a PDF, web, Excel, Word. Everything looks good in the print preview but the finished product is shifted over. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I am new to this printer and was wondering if any Mach 5 users might be able to shed some light? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4787.JPG
    IMG_4787.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 221
This is pretty basic, but just want to make sure you are aware that the non-operator side paper guide is adjustable by about the 1/2" you are referencing.

Also understand that the print head is just a tad wider than 8.5" so attempting a bleed as illustrated is doable, but prone to a sliver of white peeking trough.

This is pretty basic, but just want to make sure you are aware that the non-operator side paper guide is adjustable by about the 1/2" you are referencing.

Also understand that the print head is just a tad wider than 8.5" so attempting a bleed as illustrated is doable, but prone to a sliver of white peeking trough.

I figured that it was something simple. I actually made the adjustment to that guide a couple hours and so my envelopes are printing pretty well now with the exception of some random ink smudges on the lower portion of the envelope, I'm assuming from rubbing up against the print head on the way through. I guess I didn't realize the guide would go further than it was able to print but now I know so thanks for the advice!

The random ink smudges are happening from the envelope hitting the ink head. I remember when we got our first Mach 5 it did this a lot and they added some guide to help keep the envelopes flat through the printing area. Also envelopes that are warped will do this too. We have found that heating the envelopes with a heat gun before loading them has helped.

Ink ticking can be reduced significantly by flexing (bending) the lead-edge of the envelopes downward at about the 2" mark. Surface marking is more difficult to avert, but I have often used a wallpaper roller to flatten the envelopes. Flay smooth stock is really essential when using this printer.

I will suggest also entering service menu with pass 630 and setting midjob servicing to level 4 because default is every 200 prints it cleans print head and moist everything on service station. It is not only that envelope hits head, it pick up ink from service station and glider caused with very intensive cleaning. And if you shut down printer you must every time you power it up do same setting.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back