Machine Identification Code ruining my prints.

I think he's referring to a type of "foiling" Looks like lamination, but it lays down a shiny gloss that sticks to toner only. Just like foil. But clear, and shiny.
that makes sense...the tracking dots, I would have to conclude ....must be originating from the digital file used to produce the image for the solid coating....now I am curious

that makes sense...the tracking dots, I would have to conclude ....must be originating from the digital file used to produce the image for the solid coating....now I am curious
From what ive read, the tracking dots are encoded into the firmware, when CMYK is printed the dots will print regardless.

From what ive read, the tracking dots are encoded into the firmware, when CMYK is printed the dots will print regardless.
YES. More than that.. It's hardware embedded. By law. There is no way to bypass it on any color print. At least on any commercial printer. Gov got their own rules.
EDIT: Digital Printer

YES. More than that.. It's hardware embedded. By law. There is no way to bypass it on any color print. At least on any commercial printer. Gov got their own rules.
I understand there logic in wanting it but really detest as to why they would do it on a W toner machine! its essentially made to over print existing media already laid down. They could have at least put the security code somewhere else rather then plaster it across the whole print out. I read that if the machine doesn't have a "print and scan" option then its not law to have this code on?!

I understand there logic in wanting it but really detest as to why they would do it on a W toner machine! its essentially made to over print existing media already laid down. They could have at least put the security code somewhere else rather then plaster it across the whole print out. I read that if the machine doesn't have a "print and scan" option then its not law to have this code on?!
It's intended to prevent people from printing money! That is the whole reason. With so many new color printers out there, with great quality, anyone could just print whatever cash they want. But with this code embedded, the individual printer machine can be traced, to the owner. So if machine can't scan, or print, what's the point of security? Document mastering is not the problem. It's the production they are securing. Also why the secure code covers the entire sheet. Else you could spend $2 to print one or two 100$ bills per sheet.. in a clear area.. :)

It's intended to prevent people from printing money! That is the whole reason. With so many new color printers out there, with great quality, anyone could just print whatever cash they want. But with this code embedded, the individual printer machine can be traced, to the owner. So if machine can't scan, or print, what's the point of security? Document mastering is not the problem. It's the production they are securing. Also why the secure code covers the entire sheet. Else you could spend $2 to print one or two 100$ bills per sheet.. in a clear area.. :)
I understand the reason behind it. How were you foiling first btw? regardless when you foiled prior to knowing the greyscale option, wouldn't it still be present ??

I understand the reason behind it. How were you foiling first btw? regardless when you foiled prior to knowing the greyscale option, wouldn't it still be present ??
We had tried 100%k a few different ways. But still had the spots. Till some tech mentioned the option in the file properties, within the Fiery print queue. Only then did it work, without spots.

We had tried 100%k a few different ways. But still had the spots. Till some tech mentioned the option in the file properties, within the Fiery print queue. Only then did it work, without spots.
yes but you mentioned you were getting around it by foiling first ?

Had exactly the same problem when trying to clear foil a couple of years ago.
Even though it may be old, below is a link of a website which gave me the answer at the time:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back