Machines to consider?

Fyshy

Hello all,
We have been operating with a V80 for 5 years. In that time I have realized that the machine has done an excellent job but we still have not stressed it's volume capability at all. Even during busy times I estimate that we are operating at 40-60% capacity. The machine sits idle quite a bit.

Should I consider another machine to save money? Or does it make more sense to stay with the V80... I'm not sure why we have not filled it up with jobs. Maybe we are great printers but just are not very good at growing our business.

If a machine is working around half capacity, I'd say that's about right. Rather like with a car, in reality you'll probably never do 140 in it, but at 85 it effortlessly purrs and you're in comfort. We're in the opposite corner to you at the moment, pushing a machine beyond what it's intended to do, both in terms of volume and stock handling. I'd rather be where you are, particularly if the machine is serving you well and not skipping beats.

Consider yourself lucky if that it sill fulfilling your requirements even after a long time period. I'd might keep it for another year or two. Until it handles your desired volume or even close to it, keep it!

Can you please expand on this? How is the new machine going to save you money?

I don't think it would be the case with the op as their volume may be too low but when we were upgrading our 8year old DC242 to a V80 the reduction in click charge on the new machine, with our monthly volumes, was actually more than the monthly cost of the new machine. Regretted leaving it so long to upgrade when i discovered that.

I don't think it would be the case with the op as their volume may be too low but when we were upgrading our 8year old DC242 to a V80 the reduction in click charge on the new machine, with our monthly volumes, was actually more than the monthly cost of the new machine. Regretted leaving it so long to upgrade when i discovered that.
Yes, I've definitely seen this math work out and used it many times to flip a machine when I used to be in sales. But if @Fyshy 's machine is only 5 years old, and low volume as you mentioned, presumably the CPC hasn't increased too much if they signed up for a decent contract locking it for at least 3+ years. I think we'd just need to see his numbers. I also think this is a good case where @Fyshy might want to do a $1Out lease in the future instead of an FMV so he can have no more lease payments at the end and hang on to the machine longer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back