Magazine with 8000 unique covers

pippip

Thought this was interesting. Sorry if covered before but couldn't see it anywhere here.

Basically an algorithm applied to 10 "seed images" that creates 8000 unique covers. The software is HP Mosaic developed for the Indigo press.

https://www.dezeen.com/2017/09/11/muirmcneil-8000-unique-covers-eye-magazine-design-graphics/
https://vimeo.com/229999731

Similar used to create 7 million unique wrappers on Nutella in Italy. https://www.dezeen.com/2017/06/01/algorithm-seven-million-different-jars-nutella-packaging-design/

You just haven't bought a car in a long time. Those electric windows have been around for a while now. ;)

And electric windows is about where they should have stopped. Apparently you have yet to encounter the 'Stop & Go' feature, or whatever it's called.
I'll stop right now, otherwise I'll be ranting for the rest of the day.

You just haven't bought a car in a long time. Those electric windows have been around for a while now. ;)

Rough crowd! And that "stop and go" feature stinks. I'm waiting to see how soon I'll need to replace the starter in my wife's 2018 car. Apparently they developed it to help hit mandated MPG minimum's. Silly.

Rough crowd! And that "stop and go" feature stinks. I'm waiting to see how soon I'll need to replace the starter in my wife's 2018 car. Apparently they developed it to help hit mandated MPG minimum's. Silly.

It shouldn't be a problem, with stop/start the engine doesn't loose compression so it takes very little to get it going again. Its not the same as completely switching off an engine.

In 2079 programmers will be in high demand to restore the computer systems that are in the “classic” cars of the 2019s.

Interesting seeing the opinions here on these types of designs. Really didn't stand out to me good or bad.

I wonder as printers are we used to branding, corporate styles and trend specific designs?
Where as these are really about being completely different with little or no branding in order to stand out uniquely on the shelves.

I actually can't imagine another type of design that could be used to effectively make them stand out next to each other in shops? I suppose that's one of the limitations of such a project as these.

Interesting seeing the opinions here on these types of designs. Really didn't stand out to me good or bad.

I wonder as printers are we used to branding, corporate styles and trend specific designs?
Where as these are really about being completely different with little or no branding in order to stand out uniquely on the shelves.

I actually can't imagine another type of design that could be used to effectively make them stand out next to each other in shops? I suppose that's one of the limitations of such a project as these.

I agree this is basically the only solution, but it doesn't look like "design", it just looks like a computer randomly generated geometric shapes with randomized colors. It's like when a kid gets Photoshop for the first time and thinks applying filters to stuff makes them an artist.
I'd honestly just prefer 8000 of the same thing that's just well designed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back