Making a composite PDF out of a separated PDF, possible?

Gregg

I have received a PDF from one of my print vendors. It is for an old paperback cover that we are reprinting. The vendor no longer held native files, so they had to scan film. So what I have received is a separated PDF (i.e. Cyan.PDF, Magenta.PDF, Yellow.PDF, Black.PDF)

I need to replace the barcode, revise some text, and update a logo - all of which is on the black plate, so I can handle it all using PItstop, and just re-supply the Black.PDF. Although, I am wondering is there anyway of merging the 4 PDFs back to a single composite PDF (not in P'Shop though, i need the Vector to remain Vector).

Any suggestions?
I am equipped with:
Pitstop Pro 8
Acrobat 7
CS2

Edited by: Gregg on Aug 7, 2008 4:59 PM

Edited by: Gregg on Aug 7, 2008 7:07 PM

Re: Making a composite PDF out of a separated PDF, possible?

The only Acrobat plugin i know of is Seps2Comp from Creo now Kodak IF you can still buy it somewhere !
I personally had very good results with it.
Hell send me your PDF and ill merge it for you.

quick link:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/21340

Edited by: M@CK on Aug 7, 2008 7:34 PM

Prinergy can recombine the seps into composite. It's not an Acrobat plugin, but is perfomed during the Refine process. There's still some oldschool plug-ins kicking around and if someone is still using Powertone or Silvertone everyday, hats off.
AL

The Prinergy recombine is a payable license !!!!!! and it costs allot ! like everything Kodak.
I wanted it wen we installed Prinergy here, but Seps2comp was free, hard bargain to beat !.

Thanks, guys.

Turns out this is more complicated than I originally thought. I forgot that the text is now raster - since the PDF originated from scanned film. So the only vector element is the barcode, which must have been placed into the black.pdf at one of the many previous reprints.

Mack, thanks for the offer to make the composite PDF, I may take you up on it.

Edited by: Gregg on Aug 8, 2008 8:47 AM

No problem, any time Gregg.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back