Mako 46 imaging fault

Ritchiec

Good day,

2023 has been such a bad year, machines failing everywhere. I have the 4th Mako failure in 2 months.

In this case a Mako46, Navigator 9 RIP, SCSI cable connecting to an AVA2906 adaptec card.
The RIP goes through its normal procedure, no errors. Mako shows its imaging and indicating a completed image.
On processing we have a solid image of nothing. (picture attached herewith)

I have reloaded the drivers for the AVA2906, the PC sees the MAKO Pelbox board. I have the same result with 2 x Pelbox boards.
It would seem that the laser is on, spinner must be working as we have solid black on film. The end of the image is a perfect straight line.
I am thinking that image data is not being transmitted or not being received.

Any other suggestions from the community other than replacing the AVA2906, or perhaps new cable and ribbon cables?

Attachments

• Mako 46 image serror.jpg
    Mako 46 image serror.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 64
Laser always on doesn't switch anymore, I've seen this before. Damaged component on laser PCB. Bad news you have to replace the optics.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back