MAN ROLAND - 300 / Cylinder slap

fireplug55

What can I put on my last transfer just before the coater. We get lots of sylinder slapping at this point. Continued stopping to clean this cylinder seems to be the only thing to do at this time.
Any add-on's that might help?
Stock run is .016 and under, most problems happen in the 0.012 - 0.016 area,

i cant say that i have ever gotten slapping issues from that cylinder on my 300. usually we get slapping from the underside of the cardboard guides above the impression cyls.

do you have a photo of the slapping?

I'm not familiar with your press,but,do you have any anti marking nets installed? Have you tried weather stripping the problem areas?

Last edited:
Another thought. If you can't put nets on that cylinder,we have used a silicon based wipe,such as "slip-ease" in situations like this. If you are not familiar with this,it is a silicon based liquid that you can wipe on back cylinders to prevent picking on the downside of the sheet. We have used it for slapping also,it won't prevent the slapping of coarse,but delays the ink build up,so that you can at least get more impressions off before shutting down to clean the transfers.

Anti Marking Solutuions

Anti Marking Solutuions

Another thought. If you can't put nets on that cylinder,we have used a silicon based wipe,such as "slip-ease" in situations like this. If you are not familiar with this,it is a silicon based liquid that you can wipe on back cylinders to prevent picking on the downside of the sheet. We have used it for slapping also,it won't prevent the slapping of coarse,but delays the ink build up,so that you can at least get more impressions off before shutting down to clean the transfers.

Slip-ease, I will look into this, the problem of slapping actually comes from the build up of ink that hardens and marks the sheet causings scuffing in the image that our customer will not accept.

We are looking into Anti marking products lPrint Guard and films to control the marking we get.

We are getting the same problem on our 12 col which has a Tresu modular coating system, no matter what we do there is a biuld up of hard ink and coating that marks the sheet and has to be cleaned regularly, this problem was pointed out to Hiedelberg who suggested applying a thin film of machine oil to the cylinder, when this didn't work they came back and suggested we try the same but with grease.
Is there any way you can fit a sheet guide or air bar to hold the sheet of off the transfer cylinder?

The best product for transfer cylinders that I've ever used (and still use today) is called Pearl Tex. It's a sheet made up of silicone pebbles. It can be cleaned with press wash so it lasts as long as a couple of years before it needs to be replaced. We buy ours from PRISCO, but I'm sure you can Google it and buy it from many dealers.

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back