Managing

gordo

658 Managing.jpg

When we got a new owner at my old workplace, he didn't bother learning about the business he bought. He just told us what he wanted and then said, "Make it happen." If we couldn't, we had a bad attitude. Never mind that we didn't have the right equipment or other problems. We started joking that he came from another planet where things worked a lot differently.

Look, the solution is simple. It's like making the square peg fit in the round hole.

All you need is a bigger hammer.

We had a guy who occasionally ran a small press. He actually took a hammer to it. We used to joke when something went domown to get the guy and his hammer.
Well, when you're from the South, like me, thar ain't nuthin' you can't fix with a hammer, screw driver, pair of pliers, and some duct tape.

You guys forgot the beer.

Beer? BEER? Dang-it!

You told me you didn't like beer, that you liked Bourbon!

What am I gonna do with all this bourbon.............?

WAIT !!!! Let me think........

If I review from the OP, We've got an impossible deadline, a broken machine, an idiot manager who is threatening our livelihood, a 12-guage shotgun, some hand grenades, and a case of Kentucky Bourbon..........what could possibly go wrong?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back