Matchprint Virtual 5.2 vs. Snow Leopard?

bmoflaz

I recently installed Matchprint Virtual v 5.2 at a customer's site. They are running it on a dual Xeon processor Intel Mac Pro with system 10.6 (Snow Leopard). The software installed fine, and the calibration was successful. When I opened a page in Smart Review to demonstrate, however, in red type in the bottom right corner of the window it said "Not Calibrated". When I rolled over the message, it said "Java Platform not supported".

I tried to download the newest version of Java from Sun's website, but it redirected me to a link on Apple's website, which I did as a software update.

I cannot find anything on eCentral or elsewhere that states definitively whether OSX 10.6 is supported or not. If so, do I need to be at a specific version of Java?

Any Thoughts????

I had the same question and contacted our Kodak rep about this a few days ago. MPV 5.2 is not supported under Snow Leopard although the beta of MPV 6 is.

You might want to contact Kodak and see if you can get on the beta program.

Shawn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back