Matrix 370P - Laminator

Hey Guys. Wanted to see what you guys thought of the matrix 370p?

I am currently looking at one, but no nothing of this brand. Any comments, thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

We have the 370DP (duplex) version with Omniflow deep pile feeder. Ensure you do get a ‘P’ version as opposed to the original 370 or 530 - the pneumatics were a game changer. We do a lot of full bleed work with heavy toner coverage, so don’t tend to run it above 2.5metres/minute and always opt for the more expensive digital film to minimise risk of delamination. Placement is important too, if you can site the machine in your shop so you can walk around both sides, this makes for much easier operation and adjustments. Labelling the three dials as per the manual is useful. It’s a good bit of kit and nicely priced. Unless you have the budget, 3 phase power and space for a D&K, then definitely get the Matrix pneumatic. The Omniflow feeder is a rebadged Multigraf and again a good piece of kit, get this if you’re doing any regular volumes.

Edited to add link to Vivid's Matrix range:
LINK

Last edited:
I have the 370p and am very happy with it. I had a GMP before and it wasn't a good experience for me...
The Matrix does the job very well and is easy to learn and operate. If you are ok with manual feeding, this is the best one in my opinion.
If you want automatic feeding and have the budget for it, go with Komfi or D&K.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back