Maybe the most strange comparison KM7000 vs Canon 6010

Bobbreda

Hi Printguru's,

I'm a little bit stuck and hope I can find some answers/experience.
We're looking for an new machine as we now run the KM 5500 with internal fiery.

So we came up with an new KM7000 and since today we have also got an offer for an Canon C6010 (not the VP version). KM sales guy says his machine is the same quality and for speed faster then the Canon. After reading all posts about both machines I think these machines are not comparable or are they?

I've seen both machines running our own files and being impressed by both.
Maybe this is because we're coming from an (really) older model.

Do you have any recommendations or ideas about these?

KM7000 with IC-306 ext EFI-controller
C6010 with A1200 ext. EFI-controller

I did just that comparison a year ago, although I was looking at the Oce version of the Canon, the 6010S. We were replacing a KM6500. My view was that the Canon came out just ahead. However, that was to a large degree because I liked the Oce workflow where the job queue and RIP are closely integrated with the engine. Registration appeared to be excellent. Image quality on a par with the KM7000: some jobs a bit better, others not quite as good. In the end it came down to Oce being rather inflexible with their pricing and KM making an alternative offer on an 8000 that I just couldn't refuse.

based on personal experience, since we have both KM and Cannon on our floor, may I ask if you've compared 100% black printed on 80# gloss text? Because that's where the comparison ends. Based on our experience, the Cannon simply just can't lay down the density on gloss stock. The prints look great on uncoated plain paper, and actually rival our web presses, but if you plan on only printing on uncoated plain stock, the Cannon is a no brainer. However, the KM is more flexible with different media and compliments our commercial Heidelbergs quite well. I'll tell you this, do another comparison and pay attention to the densities across different stocks. There you will find your answer.

Hi guy's, thanks for your posts!
It did helps clearing my mind.

We id choose for an CI6010.
Nice click prices for 4/0 and some less for b/w.

But after all we're getting better

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back