MBO B32 S C Folder

Laxmi Kant Kuthiala

I have been offered a used MBO B32 SC folder. Can someone explain what is a perfector folder and what is dual feed. The configuration of this machine is 4/4 with a moving knife. Can I use it to do 2 parallel folds followed by two parallel cross foldes on a 30x40 inch paper? This is a 2000 - 2001 machine. What is the belt speed of this machine?

I have never seen this model, but this may help answer your question. The parallel unit will allow you to do 2 folds. But when you say moving knife something sounds out of place with the description but to do 2 folds in the same direction you will need to have 2 knife folding units and I do not see that based on the brief description you have given. Do you have a picture of the machine?

John Weaver

It is a 4 buckle followed by 4 buckle machine. Then there is a MBO Z2 mobile knife that can be attached to do a cross fold.
Google search does not explain what perfection means regards to this folder. Also what is dual feed?
Regards
Laxmi Kant Kuthiala

It is a 4 buckle followed by 4 buckle machine. Then there is a MBO Z2 mobile knife that can be attached to do a cross fold.
Google search does not explain what perfection means regards to this folder. Also what is dual feed?
Regards
Laxmi Kant Kuthiala

You need to look up the specs and make sure it fits your needs. The Perfection is basically the middle grade line from MBO. Good folder. The dual feed is suppose to give you greater sheet control from the vacuum wheel area of the registration table but I have never used one. To answer your original question, yes you can can do a double parallel fold in the second unit. As for the 1/4 folder, I am somewhat proactive about using one on a folder. There are many, many uses on a folder or other phases of Finishing that the 1/4 folder can come in handy for. This would be a very user friendly folder for your operators.

Hope this helps,
John Weaver

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back