Metadimension and TrendSetter CREO

sistecopy

Hi...I need some help and information...

Whe buy a CTP TrendSetter 800 from CREO...with the PrintConsole and Brisque RIP.

I have a lot of troubles with the brisque rip, in connection, compatibility with files and another.

I know that this CTP or Technology is from Hiedelberg...

The question is: I have a Metadimension RIP..its possible connect this RIP with the CTP..? I need a Interface card..?

thanks for any help---

Hi sistecopy,

Heidelberg did manufacture Trendsetters in the late 90s and early 2000 as part of the JV with Creo but Brisque is not one of our products (if your Trendsetter is Heidelberg manufactured, it will state Heidelberg/Creo on it). Brisque is originally a Scitex product. Creo bought Scitex in 2000 and therefore the marriage of the Brisque to the Trendsetter. If your Print Drive has the Tiff downloader option, you could send a 1 bit tiff from MetaDimension to it and drive the Trendsetter. If it does not, you will have to contact Kodak, they bought Creo a few years ago and should be able to help.

If your MetaDimension is a MetaDimension Prep version, you can send a 1 bit tiff. If not, contact your local Heidelberg Rep for help in configuring it.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mark

You should be able to drop Ripped tiffs from meta into the hot folders print console watches. When I mean drop have meta do it with a path not you having to manually do it. Print console is not a rip but like Meta shooter it just queues up the tiffs at the very final output stage before the output device.

Hi sistecopy,

Heidelberg did manufacture Trendsetters in the late 90s and early 2000 as part of the JV with Creo but Brisque is not one of our products (if your Trendsetter is Heidelberg manufactured, it will state Heidelberg/Creo on it). Brisque is originally a Scitex product. Creo bought Scitex in 2000 and therefore the marriage of the Brisque to the Trendsetter. If your Print Drive has the Tiff downloader option, you could send a 1 bit tiff from MetaDimension to it and drive the Trendsetter. If it does not, you will have to contact Kodak, they bought Creo a few years ago and should be able to help.

If your MetaDimension is a MetaDimension Prep version, you can send a 1 bit tiff. If not, contact your local Heidelberg Rep for help in configuring it.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mark

Hey Mark,

We've been using Delta to generate our tiffs, but I'd like to know if our version of Meta can also do this. How can I tell if this option is available?

RGB,

There are two versions of Meta, MetaDimension, which is connect directly to the CtP and MetaDimension Prep which is not and sends a 1 bit tiff to a shooter. MetaDimension does offer it as an option whereas with Meta Prep it is standard. Hope this helps, if not, give a yell to your Heidelberg rep or PM me where you are located and I will have a rep call you. Take care.

Regards,

Mark

Keep in mind with Delta or Meta, you have some of the finest AM Screening if not the finest with IS Screening. Not all screening algorithms are the same.

Regards,

Mark

Hi
I need help in regards to meta dimension. Need to know what i have to do to not have the black line from exposure at the gripping edge of plate. Was told I could turn the function off somehow?? let me know if you know about this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back