Metadimension v5 vs v7...Help

sistecopy

Hi...I change my old Metadimension v5 for Metadimension v7.

I use the Metadimension only to produce One Bit Tiff files to send via image spool to the CTP. The old version produce this files more faster that the newest version and I see in the task manager to many process running in v7 of the Metadimension. I donnt know if depends this to many task for the engines of meta.

Any knows how to reduce the process running in the task manager or what engines I donnt need and how change this..

or any idea why is more fast the old version of Meta..???

Thanks...:confused:

For sure, there is increase demand for RAM. Put max. possible in machine, have banks full in pairs.
Revise if there are any other programmes running, not necessary for Meta (saw once SQL server running...).
Check, how do you set locations of hot folders, spool dir, swap and Adobe PE temp directories.
Don't know, how demanding your files are, I was able to run MD 6.5 on P IV 3 GHz with 4 GB RAM, producing 50 TIFF-B (SM102 size) files (incl. preview and CIP3) per hour. Was more than enough to feed two Topsetters PF102.
Still my priorities are more exact/correct result, that speed.

Janez

Metadimmension r 7

Metadimmension r 7

Hi , I have bought from ebay PIF card with metadimesion 7 for my Screen CTP
But the setup file on Metadimension is demage nad I cannot istalled it
Can you help me with that I know is a big size maybe you can upload somewhere.
[email protected]
Best Regards foliart

Hi...I change my old Metadimension v5 for Metadimension v7.

I use the Metadimension only to produce One Bit Tiff files to send via image spool to the CTP. The old version produce this files more faster that the newest version and I see in the task manager to many process running in v7 of the Metadimension. I donnt know if depends this to many task for the engines of meta.

Any knows how to reduce the process running in the task manager or what engines I donnt need and how change this..

or any idea why is more fast the old version of Meta..???

Thanks...:confused:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back