MetaProof - proofer with built in Spectro - where are the scan results being saved to

c2k

Where is it saving the scan results on the MetaProof from the proofer?

We have an Epson 9900 with the built in Spectro and we want a digital copy of the scan results. Our proof prints the scan results on the proofs, but we need the digital copy as well.

Thanks in advance!

c2k, I don't know MetaProof, however with Kodak Proofing Software one runs a report and a multipage PDF is generated on the fly for both colour bar confirmation results and or calibration results (the underlying data is obviously in there somewhere, however it is probably not in a human readable form). So perhaps look for some sort of Report or other management tab or menu. Hope this helps.

Stephen Marsh

Thanks Stephen, you gave me an idea so I knew the workflow would generate a PDF for a sluglines everytime we generate a proof on the epson metaproof.

I found the scan result, the filename is called "Epson 9900.IT8" and inside consists the scan results.

*:\METASPOOL\PRINTREADYPORTAL\JID_123451616 (whatever job number the metaproof creates the folder)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back