metashooter 2.2 freeze

P

pam_add

i install Prinect MetaShooter 2.2 newly in a new pc with Heidelberg pif card to drive our ctp
but after install the engine manager and define the pif card the whole computer freeze on start up
any ideas ????!!!

i notice when the metashotter service in start the pc is frezze
we use 2003 server

Last edited by a moderator:
did you try to pull the card out and see if the shooter starts up?
how about seting it to not start and try starting manually after boot?

Had same (similar) problem some time ago. Brand new computer means nothing. PIF card is PCI-X 66 MHz standard. There can be problem, if motherboard has 133 MHz or 100 MHz PCI-X slot and cannot adapt frequency to 66 MHz. Newer is not always better...
Generally, newer PC for MetaShooter will not improve speed of CTP
Janez

I agree with what has already been said. Shut down the output device and disconnect your cables that are going out to your output device. Test the computer with the card removed to see if the computer starts up correctly. Then add the interface card and see if it boots up again. If it does not boot up with the card installed, then you have a compatibility issue or possibly a bad card. What type of output device and card are you using?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back