Metrix and Komori Kstation

margadri

Hi everyone
The company I work for has recently bought two new Komori presses. One LS40 and one LS29.
We have been only using Metrix for the last two months and we would like to have somebody's input about how Metrix JDF and Komori Kstation interact together.
Any thoughts? Is anybody using this system? We are going to have it installed in the next few weeks and having an advanced minimal knowledge of the pro and cons would be great.
Thank you in advance
Adriano

We have 3 Komori Press and all have K Station but we have Prinergy as our front end. We create JDF files from Prinergy and import into K Station to create the preset for press.

We hope to add some automation in the future. The Komori installer(s) should be able to help you get set up and on your way.

Good Luck!

We have 3 Komori Press and all have K Station but we have Prinergy as our front end. We create JDF files from Prinergy and import into K Station to create the preset for press.

We hope to add some automation in the future. The Komori installer(s) should be able to help you get set up and on your way.

Good Luck!

Thank you Johnny-Jay. We also use Prinergy as Rip. We will see.

Last edited:
I have attached a screenshot for our Output profile for our Sheetfed Komori, a LSX29.

In K Station you will need to create a job and then link to the ink data.

As I said, we are looking into automating some of the steps.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• take 2.png
    take 2.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
That is the configuration we use for sending the ink profiles to the presses. We also send cip3 files like this. Thank you

Last edited:
I handle the tech support for Metrix. Shoot me an email at [email protected]. We'd love to look into what you have going on.
We sent our jdf from Metrix to Komori support. We are waiting from them. Till is all installed we just have to wait to see the "whats and nots" Thank you for the offer. I am pretty sure Metrix will behave as expected.
It is a great program and we all love it, from production to prepress.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back