MGI Meteor DP60 - problems manufacturing plastic cards

midorner

Hello everyone!

We are a plastic card manufacturer and want to produce plastic cards with the MGI Meteor DP60. It prints really well on PVC and other plastics, but the problem is that as soon as you laminate the plastic, the Overlay (transparent PVC on top) comes off very easily - you can peel it off like a banana...

I would like to know if anyone knows which materials to use to make plastic cards? They do say it needs to be a special coating onthe PVC to be able to laminate it and get a strong bond.

ANY help would be very appreciated! :)

kind regards and greets from Vienna!

by the way - we currently use PVC from Klöckner Pentaplast, Germany and Ineos, Italy.

Laminating

Laminating

Contact the people at MGI. They can recommend several laminates. Remember, that anything that you print on has a relationship with the laminate. When you change processes -- you should change the laminate. I know it is a bit vague, but you have to control every variable:
Substrates, inks/toners, laminating process -- roll or platen, laminate and even the die-cutting.

Good Luck,

Hello everyone!

We are a plastic card manufacturer and want to produce plastic cards with the MGI Meteor DP60. It prints really well on PVC and other plastics, but the problem is that as soon as you laminate the plastic, the Overlay (transparent PVC on top) comes off very easily - you can peel it off like a banana...

I would like to know if anyone knows which materials to use to make plastic cards? They do say it needs to be a special coating onthe PVC to be able to laminate it and get a strong bond.

by the way - we currently use PVC from Klöckner Pentaplast, Germany and Ineos, Italy.

Hi there,

Which laminator are you using for lamination of your plastic sheets? Is it from MGI (Press Card Pro) or any other company? What is the temperature which you are setting for the lamination?

Best regards

hi there, This is Paresh Gohil
If ur card Front side bayground full coverage of colour and back side bayground are white, keep ur sheet front side down on the Puch card Pro. other way need to do only one thing that change ur matarial pvc to teslln for printing.
If ur cards bayground (front and back side) are white not matter how to punche. Only teslin matarial no issue of delamination

Need coating...

Need coating...

Dear All,
This issue is not related to any particular laminator, PVC substrate or Front/Back punching.
This is related to the toner. You need to coat the PVC sheet before printing to adhere the toner particles. kindly write to MGI on this.

Once coating is done you can use a local PVC too. Be sure abut the Vicat. Also make sure that you get a PVC which has matt on both side. Or else apply coating on glossy side and use matt for bonding core to core instead of using spacer. Do use a high strength Overlay.

Lots of customers who are into laser technology and specially manufacturing plastic cards will face this problem.

I'm printing on the DP60, plastic and Paper and using their, MGi's, PressCard Pro n PunchCards Pro, cards come out awesome, peeps love the plastic business cards I do for em, Temp and Pressure time does play a Big factor on the process

Hello everyone!

Dear Colleague,

We have the same problem in Portugal . If you have already managed to solve, please I would like to inform us about which the overlay and PVC correct. What are the correct references?
What the manufacturer can contact?

Thanks for your help

Anyone managed to find a pvc and overlay supplier for DP60? We are strugling with that for 3 years now... :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back