Microcut JR Screen Troubleshooting

kslight

IMG_7752.jpeg

Anyone have this happen to their screen on their cutter? This has been progressively getting worse over the past 3 months or so I guess - started as a couple distinct deletion lines, now about a dozen. The only thing I’ve thought to try is power off / disconnect and reconnect, which I did. This cutter gets powered down every day so I’m surprised the screen is getting worse this quickly. Not sure if this is something we can fix, if it’s the screen itself or a different electronic problem, or if we need to replace the whole microcut panel (how feasible is that?). Attached to a very old challenge cutter, which otherwise works fine, replacing the whole cutter wouldn’t be ideal.

View attachment 293090

Anyone have this happen to their screen on their cutter? This has been progressively getting worse over the past 3 months or so I guess - started as a couple distinct deletion lines, now about a dozen. The only thing I’ve thought to try is power off / disconnect and reconnect, which I did. This cutter gets powered down every day so I’m surprised the screen is getting worse this quickly. Not sure if this is something we can fix, if it’s the screen itself or a different electronic problem, or if we need to replace the whole microcut panel (how feasible is that?). Attached to a very old challenge cutter, which otherwise works fine, replacing the whole cutter wouldn’t be ideal.
I've never used one of these.. However.. If you are able to remove or loosen the face plate, you might be able to see a ribbon cable attached to the display, or display control board. I would try removing that, then reseating it. Perhaps wipe off the contacts with a Qtip and alcohol. Wiggle any other connectors GENTLY, to ensure they are seated too. Then turn it on and see if anything changed.

View attachment 293090

Have you tried calling the people on the top left of your photo?

Have you tried calling the people on the top left of your photo?
I am going to guess that they are not providing technical support on a 20+ year old controller, especially to the end user. Their phone number on their website suggests it’s for sales only, otherwise can request someone onsite…which I wouldn’t be surprised if is contracted out to the local guys that I use already. I have sent this photo off to our local service company already, they couldn’t look at it this week, no ETA. I posted this because was interested in peer experience / troubleshooting tips that might save us some $ or get it fixed before they can fit it in their schedule.

I am going to guess that they are not providing technical support on a 20+ year old controller, especially to the end user. Their phone number on their website suggests it’s for sales only, otherwise can request someone onsite…which I wouldn’t be surprised if is contracted out to the local guys that I use already. I have sent this photo off to our local service company already, they couldn’t look at it this week, no ETA. I posted this because was interested in peer experience / troubleshooting tips that might save us some $ or get it fixed before they can fit it in their schedule.
You should just try calling them. We have a 20+ year old machine and they helped us in a pinch and told us steps to figure out whether it was issue x or y. Put it in a box and shipped it to them, had it back in our hands before the week was over.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back