microsoft to buy adobe

I really thought that MS had bought into Adobe years ago? I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they've decided to take over the company. MS has been very public with their plans to squish google, hence the Yahoo buy. MS is looking to strengthen its position with regards to documents, hence the Adobe wooing.

PSPrint

Last edited:
Yep. Look who's the underdog now. Apple's no longer the "beleaguered company going out of business."

For all its money, MS hasn't produced a single game-changing product in decades. It's a has-been, me-too company without any FOCUS and scared that it better do something (buy another company LOL) or it's history.

game changing MS products

game changing MS products

but what about Microsoft Works?
That is currently my favorite oxymoron.
LMAO

Last edited:
Microsoft Buying Adobe Would Solve ‘The Apple Problem’ For Both | Epicenter | Wired.com

the comments about the differences in culture are spot on, but as many of my friends that work at Adobe have shared, MS would destroy Adobe as we know it...again...

Adobe recognizes that print and prepress will never ever be a cash cow for them, it is time to focus o the enterprise and mobile devices. We can expect a world of online tools to evolve and everything be streaming and cloud based.

Just look at what Mimeo.com is doing - that is where we will all look like (and that is not bad) - "why ask why - API !" is my new mantra.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back