Mimaki JV33-130 Substrate Question

Muddy

I just purchased this Mimaki printer. I thought I had all my bases covered and asked all the right questions of the seller but now I'm not sure.

The person who came for installation and training told us the machine will not print paper only vinyl. We spoke to the sales rep from the seller and he didn't really say it would or it would not print paper but just that he'll give us a roll of paper that his other customers use for "stuff like this all the time"

Does the Mimaki JV33-130 only print vinyl?

If so, does this limit me in any way?

I'm a commercial printer who is new to the wide-format business and so far it's been a good new revenue stream for us and would appear to be profitable but I'm a little concerned about the vinyl issue

Resolved.

Printer is more than capable of printing paper. The installation guy is an "idiot" according to the sales guy. Sales guy is "going to set the installation guy straight". Quote/unquote

YIKES!!! Not very professional

A lot of Mimaki's machine's run the same parts except for the ink line aspects. If you are printing vinyl primarily, then you are running solvent-based inks, and you shouldn't be running both paper and synthetic materials on the same inks

Maybe you technically can get away with printing solvent ink on some papers, but that is not what that type of ink is for. JV4's were what we used to use for printing with Aqueous inks onto papers. Now, you i think you can load any Mimaki with aqueous ink without having to replace a ton of parts, but you can't go back and forth between ink types on the fly.

I'll admit it's been about 4 years since I've run a Mimaki though...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back