Mimaki / Roland / Mutoh ???

morph1

Hi Guys,
I am in a need of acquiring a 10 FT span large format digital printer, my budget is about $200,000.00,
I was wondering if I could get some feed back regarding different models, I am currently running a Mimaki JV3-160 SP, and I am quite happy with it , but unfortunately it only prints upto 60" format.
I have my eyes set on Mimaki JV5 320 S that I believe comes in 10 foot wide format, I have done some research and it seems like the speed of print is incrdible..., I was wondering if someone could recommend maybe a a different brand worth looking at or based on experience recommend a specific model, I would like to use this printer for indoor and outdoor application, especially printing large back lit flex faces, I have had some problems with the JV3 printing outdoor jobs with SS2 inks, after about a year the colors would start to fade...,
I do have to make a decision by next week monday, this gives me almost entire week to look around,
I am looking forward to hear about your experiences and recommendations.
thanks for any upcoming replies,

Andrew

Andrew:

What printer did you end up buying?

I would have went with the Mutoh ValueJet 2606. Much more reliable and cheaper to run than the Mimaki machines. It prints roughly 220 sq ft hr in production mode.

Just curious what you picked out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back