Mirafoil

monq

Hi all,

I am investigating the best way to print packaging with a metallic effect on them, and for what I have seen in these forums and elsewhere, it seems that Mirafoil is a very good solution to keep costs under contro.

The question is: how is artwork for Mirafoil prepared? I am assuming that this does not work as your usual Illustrator projects where you simply allocate a few Pantones and Presto! You are done! :D

How does someone prepare artwork to send to Print with the idea of printing using mirafoil?

Cheers!

Thanks Cornispasty! I am reading a wiki about uv flexo / gravure to know what you are talking about! :D

LSW - I am in the UK, and the packaging I am creating is pharmaceutical packaging, although our suppliers are generally not in the UK (I am not creating any work for the UK market).

Cheers!

I work at a UK company that applies cold foil inline with UV litho. The result is very effective.

Thanks LSW. I have just sent you a private message to discuss your services and what you offer / this will be a growing area in our packaging and I do require information and hopefully, quotations for jobs etc.

Cheers :)

monq,

We apply both Cold Foil and Mirafoil on UV Flexo Press. In addition we also are a licensed/certified printer of the Color-Logic Metallic Print Process (Both Offset & Flexo)

It sounds like you are a designer so the Color-Logic Design Software can be used to produce graphics for printing on Foil, Mirafoil etc....

We also have a close relationship with another packaing printer in Germany that uses the Cold Foil Process on Offset Press.

If you have any questiosn pfeel free to send me a PM.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back