Miss the old PrepressForums Slight Return

Re: Miss the old PrepressForums Slight Return

Ok time to go home...this was fun, but like the sad, depressing, "why us God?" sort of fun.

> {quote:title=Pointyhat wrote:}{quote}
> LOL Joe, we're being naughty

You're soooooo bad!!!

not that anyone gives a damn what i have to say, but if this place is so totally distasteful to everyone, why is anyone arguing about it? either you like it and you come back, or you dont like it, and you dont. i dont understand what everyone is so upset about. joe made a site that has attracted a lot of old PPF people, it is a fine site, and people can go enjoy it just as they did PPF. this site is different, apparently doesnt appeal to many of the PPF people, and that is fine too.

what i dont get is the anger from joes site towards this one? isnt it enough to just not like it, and not visit?

this thread started with some honest thoughts from some old PPF'ers, and the same old people saw it, took the thread hostage, and started firing away again.

ah well, the soap opera continues...

cr

I LIKE CHEESE!!!! ZOMG!!!! And I like chocolate milk and frizbee!

uh huh...

ive read enough of your posts in the past and seen enough of your freak-outs to know that there are probably a few folks id check in with first to explain to me how to not over-react and take a message board too seriously...but thanks for the help!

pot, meet kettle, kettle, this is pot. nice to meet you! what a lovely pointy hat you have on this evening!

thanks for caring, though.

cr

as we say in scotland
its as much fun as being in holiday in Englandshire!!!!

dont let they Yanks takeover!

And I like bananas, and kitties, and I like other stuff too!

and what is the other stuff

don tell me yo like a drink

yanks dont drink

budwiser is cats

but we europeans are used to the real stuff
budwiser
Check that one out guys?

Hohoho

*evessels wrote:*
I'm quite sad to see those from the old PPF continue to try thinly veiled attempts to get our members to join their forum.

*Pointhat wrote:*
As opposed to jerking a forum from underneath the feet of a 5K member community in a thinly veiled attempt to boost advertising rates?

Pointy, I see Eric has already answered, but wanted to give a crack too.

Fire burn houses, kills in some cases, so everyone put out all fires.
Advertising stifles truthfulness in some cases, let’s remove all advertising.

Hmm, Does that make sense?

I guess it does to some, but not me.

It is a fact, that fire can be used for good.
It is a fact, that advertising can be used for good.

Advertising was the motive for buying PPF. (Sure, but the only reason? NO!!!) We have been totally honest here.

Ok, for your arguments sake lets say that was the only reason we bought PPF.

How can we get advertisers without providing you with a valuable service and improving on that? Hmm?

*So the legitimate questions are,:*
Will we use the advertising dollars to make the community better or not?
Do we stifle your ability to be honest about a product?
Who will make this community better?
When will it get better?
Where will it go?
How will it get there?
Why is it going there?
What does it need to get there?

*Answers?*
Who will answer these questions? (The Community)
Who will answer to the community? (The Community leaders and the facilitators(Owners).)
Who will shape the future? “The Community.”
So in affect, who owns the community? “The community and their leaders!!!!”

So let’s get on with it already, get over it, and move forward. Quit being victims and embrace the future. We have too much to do, than to sit around here and whine about censoring, other forums, and intentions. Stand Up and become a leader and affect change, quit being a whiney judge. PointyHat In your case, lead or get out of the way. I have parents that do this at my soccer games, because they don’t understand the end state. It’s annoying, but normal.

I am not going to make it a point to answer all these implications, but would like to note this one is flawed (not logical), because it was posed as an answer to a legitimate concern from a former PPF member. I also understand, the mob, ninja’s, and locusts have already declared war on us, so these threads are used to bash us even more. It just makes us stronger, so thanks!

*Observation*
Someone that has 30 years consulting, now, that should be a wise person, thoughtful person, and discerning person. I wonder why other company’s don’t have links on their site for cnnsux.com or other hater sites? Hmm, Oh, I know, “I’ll act like I didn’t know and it never existed and continue to act like a victim.” LOL… 30 Years? Note: There were legitimate concerns here, but to act naive about the moderators concerns that really tips your hand? (In other words, identifies your intentions.)

*Advice:*
Choose your leaders wisely. If they are selling hate, discontent, division, and chaos, I would be wary. If they are promoting division, selling hate, twisting the truth, instigating attacks, or lying about their involvement then one should reconsider. (It would be nice to change the middle east by asking/answering, “What are your leaders selling?”) So ask yourself, “What are your leaders selling?” “Are they trying to use mob compliance or attack a company that has used legitimate business practices to acquire a company?” Maybe that is cool for the masses or even 30 year consulting guys. In that case/FYI PP is for professionals, who need real problems solved, discuss serious issues, make serious decisions, meet knowledgeable people, streamline information, and has a passion for the industry to make it better. What does a good leader sell? A path forward that will promote greater purpose and a better life for everyone.

*Note:*
Sometimes you have to break some eggs, to bake a cake.
Sometimes you have to do things that are right, and ask for forgiveness later or nothing will get done.

Have I wasted my time with this post? Probably so, In the near term anyway.

Wes

Edited by: Wesley Davidson on Sep 15, 2007 4:06 AM

chris_r,

Nice to hear someone standup and say something reasonable. Unfortunately, this is not about reason or anything like that.

Just so you know what your getting into here, before you get dragged through the mud.

If you cross this mob, then they will assassinate your character.

One person:
1. Was ruthlessly talked about all over the internet.
2. Their site was attacked and everything.
3. Among other things.

Just look at what they do to this site. :(

Be careful!!!!

Wes

Edited by: Wesley Davidson on Sep 15, 2007 7:15 AM

Wesley Davidson wrote:
So let’s get on with it already, get over it, and move forward. Quit being victims and embrace the future. We have too much to do, than to sit around here and whine about censoring, other forums, and intentions. Stand Up and become a leader and affect change, quit being a whiney judge.

Nobody is a victim here. You bought a forum and changed it... fine. You asked for input and you got it. Some you apparently like and some you don't. That's fine too. But PLEASE, don't tell us to stop complaining about censorship! You think that someone that doesn't accept censorship is "whiney"??? If you really believe that, then you really don't get it.

I have no problem with this being a commercial site and you accepting ads. Thats fine. That's what makes the world go around. That's business. But don't pretend that you are the only ones that know what is true and what is not. I work in prepress and control and manage close to a million dollars a year in consumables, hardware and software. Is that not the type of person that you and your advertisers want? With the negative attitude that the moderators are encouraging on this site, I suspect that many companies will question whether they want to be associated with it. Stop accusing people of having suspect motives and accept a little constructive crititicism. You did ask for it. That is the only way that this site will improve its negative image.

Agree!!! We do want constructive criticism? And Thanks for It? We just don't want that constructive criticism to point to a site where we are demonized. :)

Wes

> {quote:title=Pointyhat wrote:}{quote}
> Oh Chris, trust me baby, this is the PERFECT place for you. You are right though, My Hat is very Pointy! And! I don't have to use the Stick! What Stick you ask? The Stick you shove up your a s s to get up onto your reallly high horse.
> I hate to reiterate, but, if you had a sense of humor, it would go..."Hello Pot? This is the Kettle, You're Black"
> Keep the Stick but put down the schtick, not really seeing it work for you.
> Oh and sweetie darling, for the love of god, please realize, I truly don't care.

take it easy, pointy...it was still "flaming friday"! who's the one who cant take a joke again? boy oh boy, for someone who doesnt care, you sure are spent a late night here, not caring.

cr

It all boils down to a decision you need to make. Do you want to be a participating member of this community?

This is the direction that PrintPlanet is going, if you want to be part of it, great, we would love to have you. If not, I understand and wish you the best. It's unrealistic to think we can make everyone happy.

It's time to start moving forward.

If you have a question regarding site moderation or why your post was edited/deleted please email me at [email protected]
If you have site feedback and/or suggestions, please email those to [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back