Move from Prinergy to XMF

vaugh6288

We've had demos on Fuji's XMF and it looks like management is interested in moving from Prinergy to XMF. For those that have migrated from Prinergy (or any other system) to XMF would you mind sharing any problems you stumbled upon?

I am sure that XMF has the capabilities of doing what we need I am just really concerned about workflow and learning curve....

Thank you all!

We switched from Prinergy/Insite to XMF/Remote a couple of years ago for about a month before we promptly returned XMF/Remote. XMF can handle the same work but not as fluidly as Prinergy. It seems to take more steps to get from beginning to end with greater chance of mistakes happening. And at the time Remote was not close to Insite's features and capabilities. That might have changed since then though. And I'm not knocking XMF. It is a good solid Workflow with good bang for the buck. Prinergy is easier to use but you pay a heavy price for that.

I think to properly answer the question is based upon are you working with flat, folded, or bound work, and within flat work for instance can break into reprint verses new orders, ) packaging, blister cards, cards, inserts, etc) and workflows to incorporate receipt of graphics form outside services, and how much integration and automation desired. Reprint order with change orders for Bound products adds layers of complexity and file naming/management rules to verify the accurate processing. What type of work do you do?

We switched from Prinergy/Insite to XMF/Remote a couple of years ago for about a month before we promptly returned XMF/Remote.

We switched from Rampage to XMF three months ago. We are also returning XMF and buying Prinergy instead. We considered both and choosing XMF was a huge mistake. I wouldn't even describe it as a good solid workflow. I can't imagine why you'd switch from Prinergy to XMF. (Incidentally the three month delay is because we allowed them that long to try and fix integration/install problems before finally pulling the plug. You can't say we didn't give them a shot).

I think Steve has the right questions. what size shop, and what type of jobs do you run?

We switched from Rampage to XMF three months ago. We are also returning XMF and buying Prinergy instead. We considered both and choosing XMF was a huge mistake. I wouldn't even describe it as a good solid workflow. I can't imagine why you'd switch from Prinergy to XMF. (Incidentally the three month delay is because we allowed them that long to try and fix integration/install problems before finally pulling the plug. You can't say we didn't give them a shot).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back