Moving Indd shadows and glows with Pitstop

rande

I had a simple job that I needed to center some elements in the panels.
I could grab everthing except the glow/shadow, that later I found out
was made in Indd (CS3 I assume). I ended up separating the elements a putting them back together in Indd.
Any way around that?
And are there other files in PDFs people are having problems with?
Is Pitstop becoming obsolete; is Neo the way its headed?
Also, why does it jump around when I undo?

thanks

Last edited:
One way around it is to always ask for the source files. We archive alot of our clients jobs for them (to make changes to at a later date by giving them back the source files). We rarely make changes on the pdf level for this specific reason. If changes are made at the pdf level, what happens next time when the client makes changes to their source files (or the files that you've given them)? Then you have to remember exactly what you did to the pdf to make it work. By making all changes pre-pdf, you eliminate this problem.

I had a simple job that I needed to center some elements in the panels.
I could grab everthing except the glow/shadow, that later I found out
was made in Indd (CS3 I assume). I ended up separating the elements a putting them back together in Indd.
Any way around that?
And are there other files in PDFs people are having problems with?
Is Pitstop becoming obsolete; is Neo the way its headed?
Also, why does it jump around when I undo?

thanks

What version of PitStop are you using? It could be that InDesign created a form Xobject out of the shading. Then you need version 7 or higher to be able to work with these elements.

PitStop Extreme (formerly known as Enfocus Neo) will earn its money back fast if you have to do intensive PDF editing and you don't have the time and the resources to ask the customer for the native file.

Cheers,
Brain

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back