Muller Martini Issues

Michael S

We have 2 Muller Martini 3 knife trimmers, Model 335.
On the in feed table the one arm for the chain drive moves when the machine is in operation. it moves about a 1/2" (lateral movement) and you can feel some play between this arm and the main adjustment screw( it attaches to the head knife assembly). it has already cause enough play to ruin the upper and lower knife on that side. The parts manual is no help in showing a break down of parts to try to pinpoint were the problem might be. There is a half strap that bolts up under the main adjustment screw, I was told that this is the adjustment for the amount of play. the bolts are already tight and can't go any tighter, I'm not going to try to take it apart unless I can get some information that might help. Anybody have tis problem or know anything about this ?

can you send me some pictures of what you are talking bout [email protected] be glad to help. are blades dull ? is it loud on trimming thick books that will shake everything apart and if its the head kicker the threads wear out and easy to replace i have done that before and can help if you need

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back