Multiples business cards with multiple backs

Hi guys!

I've had a cumbersome task sometimes, if a company wants 5 different names with 12 various backs, there is no easy way to do this, since PDF 1 would contain the 5 names, and PDF 2 would contain the 12 different backs. I've googled solutions, but never found any that really solved my problem, so I made a small program that combines the 2 PDF into 1, containing the desired 120 pages, have a look here

http://odd-it.blogspot.dk/2015/10/mergemanytoone.html

PS: It's not meant as an advertise, and you can use it for free, hope I don't do anything wrong by posting here - and if anyone has a better solution, please feel free to tell us all :)

We do this quite frequently, but use Quite Imposing Plus. We would impose the fronts to make a single sheet. For 5 names we would make this 20-up, i.e. four instances of each of 5 names. Replicate this sheet to give a 12-page document. Step and repeat the backs 20-up; this also gives a 12-page document. Merge the two documents, taking odd pages from the "front" file, even pages from the "back" file.

You end up with a 24-page document that you print duplex. Doing this makes the cards easy to guillotine - you end up with stacks of the same name, but with mixed backs. If you are using a slitter to cut the cards then you would need to adopt a different approach.

Hi Tomlar1977 !

Depending on the exact back requirement (12 backs for each card? or only a few per names? or.....?), multiple possibilities can be done automatically in Impostrip. For instance, if the 1st PDF (PDF 1) contains 5 cards (5 names, 5 pages), you can create a layout where the front is 1 name and the back contains the 12 back pages. On a 24up (SRA3 sheet), 3 columns and 8 rows, you would run 11 sheets for 250 cards orders. Repeat the same process for the other cards. For a large production volume, you could also presort the orders/pages with Switch. If you need more details on how to do this in Impostrip, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Ray Duval
Ultimate TechnoGraphics

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back