My Name is Karl And I'm a print house Junky

F.I.ImGoingFishing

Well my web name describes my attitude at times especially now.

Was recruited by a brothers teacher to take a graphic communications class in high school,
Spent 16years as a duplicator and small press operator/ service tech/ bindery/ counter sales/ well you get the picture. 10 years ago moved up to estimator/ production manager/customer service/ service tech/ baby sitter. and three months ago was sold as a print coordinator to a company that has never been involved in printing but has taken the plunge but only producing digital print with a doc250.

I will be hitting this sight and others for info as my old job relied on my knowledge of pricing and basics of job flow. my new job is a move toward more production and systemizing. This is not to bad as I can basically figure out how to humanize the controls to get a job done but I still Have one Major weakness, Prepress. This is an area that I have never been active in and now have the responsibility of taking client files and....

A. producing them on the Docucolor and...
B. Submitting client files to outside vendors who will be providing the offset production.

POOR ME:D

hi am trying to buy a commercial printer to print double sided car titles for my country burundi east africa.what do u recommend

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back