My Ricoh 8120 is racest!

Craig

I have come to the conclusion the Ricoh 8120 only like to print on white paper. It has the most convoluted paper catalog I have ever seen. I have followed and even had the techs program "colored paper settings" that are useless. Every time it jams right at the fuser entrance. Skew and double detection on and off makes no difference either. Make the paper color any shade, makes no difference either. Then with the logging in and out and removing the association at the RIP and on the paper deck each time is a complete waste of time. The engine should push the paper catalog out to the RIP. The software designers NEVER worked in a production environment, that's for sure!!!

So, the moral of this story is unless you print on white paper all day long, find a different monochrome printer, cuz this one sucks!

I have seen this happen with the sensors on all kinds of equipment, bright colors are not recognized, especially bright orange and green paper go right through them.

I have seen this happen with the sensors on all kinds of equipment, bright colors are not recognized, especially bright orange and green paper go right through them.

I have never seen this on a monochrome device where it would cause jams. Usually when you tell it that you are running a dark color stock the printer turns off the sensors that would be an issue.

It's not even dark stocks, my job was ivory 110lb index. The paper catalog on Ricohs is bat$hit stupid. Obviously designed by someone who never used it. What a complete waste of time to change papers.

The settings you need to change are either set deactivate image position adjustment across feed direction to "activate" or increase the value in color paper edge detection.

If you don't want to mess with the paper catalog the techs can also change these settings for the manual paper settings in service mode.

I agree with you they made the paper catalog a pain on this model. The color machines do not require you to do all of that crap to edit the paper.

If you are still having problems post which jam code you are getting. There will a JXXX at the top of a jam screen.

Strange.
We have a 8100se and we have had no problems running coloured stock, from light yellow to dark blues and greens.
Even running mixed media, books with white pages with coloured sections, and of various weights there have been no problems.
I think you need to get a tech in to see if you have a dodgy sensor or the detection levels have been set correctly for coloured stock.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back