navigator updates

Jim-CompuDoc

We have some new updates to Xitron Navigator, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen or used them yet, and if there is any feedback?

Version 8.1 of the Harlequin Rip is said to improve trapping performance enormously, 400 to 800%

Xitron's new "elite" workflow has a lot of new features peoplke have asked for, including ink remapping, integrated imposition, and ink key setting.

Any feedback on these?
Many of my customers would love to see faster trapping.

Hi Jim,

We have been using 8.1 for about a week now and I love it. They really did a good job re-writing the TrapPro plugin, it doesn't hog resources anymore. We have it installed on a 4yr old pentium 4 3ghz machine with 2gb ram, and before the 8.0r8 would take 2.5 hours to rip and then fail at the end. Riping the same job with 8.1 took a little over 15min and did not fail.

We use the Navigator and Rip manager together, but have not tried the Elite workflow.

We've been looking at it here for the past week, and are very impressed. Files that 8.0 couldn't trap are running (on a machine with omly 2gb ram!) and files that ran but took forever are running much faster.

We're building a new demo rip today and will be looking at the "elite workflow"
Anyone have any feedback yet on GPS Elite?

Hi Jim,

8.1 is looking good in my testing too, rendering transparencies, like trapping, is a whole lot faster, don't want to quantify it as I don't have the numbers in front of me, but will try to remember to add timings to this post later.

Had a quick run through Elite and am liking the ink remapping and imposition integration.

Cheers,
Andrew

We have some new updates to Xitron Navigator, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen or used them yet, and if there is any feedback?

Version 8.1 of the Harlequin Rip is said to improve trapping performance enormously, 400 to 800%

Xitron's new "elite" workflow has a lot of new features peoplke have asked for, including ink remapping, integrated imposition, and ink key setting.

Any feedback on these?
Many of my customers would love to see faster trapping.

8.1 is far better than any of the other 8.x editions, Trapping is faster, especially with transparancies,also issues where jobs would crash the RIP and odd character appearing on output have been eliminated from what I have seen.

One con about the new 8.1 (and perhaps 8.0+) is that when we upgraded the software, they didn't upgrade the rip and now it crashes on complex transparencies and/or vector artwork. If you flatten and use the X1a, then they are fine. Not really the softwares fault, after all it is a 3ghz P4 with 2gb of ram :/

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back