NCR on Ricoh

Kyle Arn

Hello so I have a Ricoh 8120 Pro Se it's only a black and white printer however is still requires me to define what color the paper is. So what color should I set the NCR Paper profile for? I can only choose one color and NCR can come pre colated so which Color will be the best setting?

We just set it to Yellow, keep in mind if you run a bunch it will mess up the drum and transfer belt. My tech said to run in batches with copy paper runs in between on long run jobs. Not sure if that is BS or not.

I mean we have been running NCR on the Ricoh for a long time. We do lots of other Jobs as well. Theoretically it can mess up the drums and the transfer belt it can also effect your sensors. But we get maintenance cleaning after a certain number of sheets so that keeps it in good condition. The biggest problem you have with NCR is registration and alignment. So yes it can screw your machine up unless you do good maintenance. But if you can avoid running NCR on the Ricoh then
I would do it.

I mean we have been running NCR on the Ricoh for a long time. We do lots of other Jobs as well. Theoretically it can mess up the drums and the transfer belt it can also effect your sensors. But we get maintenance cleaning after a certain number of sheets so that keeps it in good condition. The biggest problem you have with NCR is registration and alignment. So yes it can screw your machine up unless you do good maintenance. But if you can avoid running NCR on the Ricoh then
I would do it.

FWIW the 8200 and the upcoming 8300 officially support NCR aka carbonless.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back