Need Help Digitizing old negatives into electronic files

jkj111

Hi,

I could use some help finding someone who can take old color separated negatives and make them into electronic files. We don't do stripping anymore and we have a few negatives that are starting to get worn. Certificate borders with some fine lines, mostly 2 color seps. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
JKJ111

I don't know where you are located, but if you Google "Copy Dot Scanning" you should be able to find a place relatively close to you that can do it.

Digital film for re-plating or eBook conversion ?

Digital film for re-plating or eBook conversion ?

Hi,

I could use some help finding someone who can take old color separated negatives and make them into electronic files. We don't do stripping anymore and we have a few negatives that are starting to get worn. Certificate borders with some fine lines, mostly 2 color seps. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
JKJ111

Please elaborate on what it is you need at the end of your process.

Do you need to scan film into DCS2 files that can be then placed into applications and printed to a platesetter ?

Do you need to descreen and created composite PDF files that can be re-printed on digital presses - or color managed for proofing - or re-separated for different line screens ?

We used to use a company called Ever-Reddy Packaging in Toronto, ask or Jack,
416 293 1961 Creo Renaisance Scanner

Hope this helps

Tom

William Campbell at Revere Graphics in Portland, OR does (or at least DID) this as a service. Give them a call at (503) 239-6098.

Hi,

Thanks
JKJ111
Strategic Content Imaging in Carlstadt NJ ask for Rob Schmidt @ 201-935-3500. We still have a copy dot scanner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back