Need Help Polar 78E

M@CK

Hey guy's, hope I can get a bit of help out of this group.
So my partner was cutting paper last week and the power went out when the back gate was still in motion.
Now when we start the machine, it asks us the Scan Reference Point or go in Auxiliary mode. We tried the Scan mode to get the automation back, but when the back gate moves we get an error "no position counter impulse (654)"
In this bad economic times we would like to handle this ourselves if possible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, after spending a couple of thousands on this problem.
Heidelberg came to see it, said they needed to get in touch with Germany and never called back ...
even after we called them to know what was up... no reply, no respect.
My last hope is to replace the computer completely with something like a Microcut Jr. or any other device of the sort.
Any recommendation on what product to buy ?

Thanks guys

We are in Montreal, Canada. We got an independent Tech to check it out also, this guy came highly recommended by many other printers and reps in my area, he replaced the encoder, the back gauge controller and some other parts. As far as he goes its software related and he cant do nothing about it.

Thanks for the help

Hello,

I know this problem was sometime ago, but we got a costummer with exact the same problem this week , and it was nothing to do with the encoder, software, or anything else complicated.

It was only the microswitch that sets the limit of back end of the plate was a little out of the place, so when the software starts to find the measure and the gauge goes all the way back it cant find the end of the measure and gives error 654. Just adjust the microswitch a little forward so the gauge can touch it.

Last edited:
The error message 654 means the computer ordered the backgauge to move. But no incoming counting pulses.
The software is perfect
The incoder is perfect
The limit switches are perfect.
The cutter is perfect.

Which way do like to go?
Fixing the Polar with my help
Fixing the Polar by asking Andre Saumur (he is the best in your area for Polar)
Putting an other computer inside the machine and loosing the right to use this machine confirm to the Canadian law?
Which way do you prefer?

Buntpapier

Sorry if my english its not very good and you didnt understand what i mean.

I said we got a costumer with the same problem, in the exact same conditions, and we fixed the polar in that way.

We are not from Canada...or not even close...we are from Portugal.

I was just giving some info about that problem since i saw this in this forum.

@Filipejoel
Your English is okay. Don’t worry.
The Description was, that there was a power problem during machine operation. Loosing the power supply does not break any limit switch.
If one of the limit switches is broken, it looks like the same but you get different error messages and the backgauge stays at one end of the table.
error 77 BACKGAUGE END POSITION
error 1225 FINAL POSIT. WITH FALSE CLAMP
error 2369 LIMIT SWITCH ERROR TABLE BACK / FRONT
If you try again a backgauge movement after getting one of this error messages or you have more than one fault you may get 654.

I am assuming there is a small problem and the service engineer did not understand the situation. Now it is a big problem.
If M@CK likes to fix it, it is easy. It may cost some time because of this way of communication. But technically it is no problem at all.

Buntpapier

Polar 92 ed problem solved

Polar 92 ed problem solved

My dear Friend ,

It was wonderful about your comments . I faced the same problems . Helidberg India could not find the soultion. Insted they asked to change the sensor / encoder/ check the PCB board extra. I just saw your post today. I just corrected the micro switch in the back gauge. itis working fine. I dont know how thank you. I am in India. Pl mail or PM me if you need any work done
thanks a lot
Ganesh

Hi Pranav!

It is a good payment for me if you are happy.
Buy the way. It was a bit of luck. Usually the procedure of the whole setting is a bit more complex. But if it works it works. This is the only thing which counts.

Good luck
Coloured paper

Hello Pranav,

Im glad that my tip worked :)

I saw this post also, and since we already fixed polars with that , i wanted to share the solution with everyone.

Best regards,

Filipe Joel

Hi Printerspartsusa

I saw some offers for older cutters on your web pages. Some cutters are modified with a programming device called “Digi-Junior-Kut” and other products.
If you sell this machines, does the customer get any certificate about the safety of this machines?

Thanks

Coloured paper

Polar 92 EMC monitor showing error SCAN REFFERENCE POINT....this happens all the day and we have to manually move the backguage backwards and forward and it goes away.... any help would be much appricated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back