Need help with DoubleProof Manager software running in Win2K

GinSu

The hard drive with the DPM software crashed, and though I've installed the software (1.6.1) on a new drive I can't get it to print to my HP device. The HP is working; it can be 'pinged', can print test pages and will print single sided proofs from our Nexus RIP. In the "Device Utilities" app I've tried the name of the printer and the port name of the printer for the "Comms Device" setting, both in a variety of combinations as well. It creates a file in the home folder of the app with the "Comms Device" setting as it's filename, but doesn't print anything!

Please, someone, HELP! If anyone is using DoubleProof Manager in Windows 2000, please, what is your "Comms Device" setting? I've been wrestling with this for a week now. No one will provide support, not TekGraph, not GEI Calgraph, not FujiFilm (their name is on the hardware and software), not FFEI.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back