Need some advice: What to do with our Nexscan F4200 flatbed scanner?

ASchuett

Hi there,

I need some advice regarding our good old Heidelberg Nexscan F4200 flatbed scanner. This scanner has been in our department since ever. It's a great piece of hardware but using it is a pain due to the fact that we can only connect it to an old Macintosh G4-Quicksilver via SCSI.

Question No. 1: Does anyone have an idea if it is possible to use a SCSI to Firewire adapter and where to get one?

Question No. 2: Another option would be to sell the Nexscan and buy an A4 flatbed scanner instead. The CanoScan Mark II seems pretty interesting to me. What do you think? Would this be a good replacement for scanning slide images?

Question No. 3: How much can you get for a Nexscan F4200 approximately? :confused: Someting with 4 zeroes behind or merely something with 3 zeroes or even only 2 zeroes? I have absolutely no idea and I couldn't find out in the internet, either.

We have a Topaz . . tried to get it to run on a new model but the dongle was ADB and the USB to ADB adapter didn't recognize the dongle . . . so I got an old G3 off of ebay and it is still doing its job when called upon . . .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back