need some files to test a few used digital printers

RafalWM

I need some files to test a few digital printers I'm interested in. Do you guys have any that would be good for this?
I'm looking at some used machines tomorrow: KM C500, C5500, C6500 and Xerox 240, 250.
The guy told me to bring some files that I would like him to print out.

Here yar, good luck. You should really be testing out the type of jobs you see yourself running, rather than what other people are doing.

Attachments

• try dis.pdf
    178.8 KB · Views: 197
  • and dis.pdf
    183 KB · Views: 188
Here yar, good luck. You should really be testing out the type of jobs you see yourself running, rather than what other people are doing.

yes, I know. I have a few of my own files, but I really need stuff that could point out the major flaws of the certain printers, so I don't get any big surprises later on :)

I'll eat my hat if any of the sample units prints this with an even colour throughout. That said, don't forget to keep your expectations realistic - don't ask, is it perfect? Ask, can I sell it to people?

All the best

Attachments

• finally dis.pdf
    126.4 KB · Views: 185
this is going to be interesting :)

how about some files with photos, images etc. that would give a nice indication of what brochures, postcards could look like on certain printers?

thanks for the help :)

You might find pixl test image useful to get general picture how it prints. But che.c's files will recover mech flaws of printer. Printing always full of surprises:). Good luck!

Attachments

• Pixl_testimage2002_RGB.jpg
    Pixl_testimage2002_RGB.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
Just, I might have to be careful how many of those I print... my wife might get mad!!!

I'd suggest you also add some objective, measurable, test elements. Things like process 1 and 2 color 0%-100% vignettes and 10 step tone wedges. Also type - positive and reversed out from 1 pt to 18pt. Rules from hairlines to 2pt angled at 10 degree increments. Gray and brown balance targets. Various blacks from 100%K to rich blacks.

best, gordon p

my print blog here: Quality In Print current topic 25th anniversary MAC

Hi

I advice you to download Altona test sheet, with this you will see both what the machine and rip can do so will for example see if the older rip supports layers and transparency.

regards Kire

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back